GDT: 19| Double Bubble Trouble|Game 2|11-22-2014|7:00pm|NVMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrozJawz*

You can't have it both ways. If a good game against a fast team in November isn't enough to conclude that the Penguins can handle a fast team then a bad game against a fast team in November isn't enough to prove that they can't handle a fast team.

I'm still not making any judgements about the Penguins under Johnston until at least 40 games in. They haven't looked good this weekend but we all expected some growing pains with the new coach and system. A few here are really over-reacting.

NO, it's not overreacting. We have witnessed the same **** for going on 5 years now and every ****ing time that someone pulled out the old "meaningless game" BS, it comes back to bite the Pens in the *** in the postseason.

THERE IS A PATTERN WITH THIS TEAM.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
They're not playing better systematic hockey then Pitt, Capuano didn't become Babcock over the off-season, they got a faster, younger, and more skilled roster this year, and because Pitt is older and slower, they can't beat them. The Isles can get to puck's wrapped around the boards faster then Pitt's, they can afford to pinch their D more often because all 5 players on the ice are fast and can make up to for a bad pinch by back-checking faster then Pitt's forward's can attack. That's a roster issue, and no adjustment's by the coaches will fix it.

Also the compete level or willingness make the physical harder play to beat the opponent to free pucks is clearly in the Isles favor as well, and dissapointingly apparently I have to "troll" again to point out that this particular aspect is very prominently missing from Crosby, Malkin atleast "looks" like he's trying hard, and drew their only PP by driving the net hard.

1) Do we have younger, faster, more skilled players sitting while old, slow, unskilled vets play?

2) Who chose to play the old, slow, unskilled vets over the younger, faster, more skilled players?

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
At least two top six wingers, ideally long-term options, is not a minor issue.

We need a Dupuis replacement, ideally for the long haul. We also need a long-term replacement for Kunitz, who has been spiraling the drain to WashedUpVille for a calendar year and is only getting worse. Could also use a serviceable second winger for Geno to round out the top six, allowing Bennett to play where he's been his best (and is best suited)--the third line.

Sid has one winger for the present and long-term. Geno has zero. That's a big problem. :laugh:

Kunitz is a problem for next year. Get 72 on that line and you'll see him jumping back into soft spots effectively, which is all he's done for 2 years anyway.

Leaving us with just Geno's line (and Goc's) to take care of. Geno's situation is solvable. Maybe not now but this year. There are pending UFAs that will work with him. Not even high profile guys.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I think it's pretty funny that Johnston loves Beau and Sutter together so much that he just decided to put them both with Geno :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Kunitz to the third line. If he doesn't like it, ship him out.

I'd be looking to ship him out regardless. Even if we don't get back a top six guy, it's not like Kunitz is, and it's not like that extra cap space wouldn't help.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Clutterbuck and Martin--two guys I'd kill to have on this team. The Isles have a fantastic 4th line.

Seriously. Martin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck versus Sill - Goc - Adams

That may not be the sole reason the Pens lost these two but it's a pretty huge part of it.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah, if tenure continues to outweigh production, then desire to play hard is reduced team wide.

Been this way for years. Say what you will, that was one thing Therrien got right. This team never lacked for hunger under him, and god help them if they did. Only time Bylsma had them hungry was when they wanted to prove Therrien wrong and won the cup.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I'd be looking to ship him out regardless. Even if we don't get back a top six guy, it's not like Kunitz is, and it's not like that extra cap space wouldn't help.

We need to do it before other teams realize how far he's fallen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad