GDT: [#19] Dallas Stars at Calgary Flames, 8:30 PM CST (FS-SW, ESPN+) - Corey Perry's 1000th game!

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I didnt see the game, what happened to Gurianov?

He dove to block a shot and was in pain for a bit. Don't think he's injured though since he was out there after the block. Don't think he missed a shift.

Reactions: Kcb12345

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If he's not they'll call Gardner up to play tomorow. No spares left .

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
So was Johnny hockey's feelings hurt drawing tears or was he actually hurt drawing blood or something? I missed the replay and analysis on that one, but thought the 4 mins might have been excessive.

Also good for Dowling, I thought he ran out of angle to work with but a great first goal for him... though his linemates unfortunately remain allergic to the scoresheet.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
So was Johnny hockey's feelings hurt drawing tears or was he actually hurt drawing blood or something? I missed the replay and analysis on that one, but thought the 4 mins might have been excessive.

Also good for Dowling, I thought he ran out of angle to work with but a great first goal for him... though his linemates unfortunately remain allergic to the scoresheet.

His nose was cut open.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
At the beginning of the year, we were all mad that Guri didn't step up and grab a spot on the team and many had him firmly in bust territory (not saying it was a stupid thing to think at the time, I was pretty discouraged as well). Now with Hintz out of the line up, all of a sudden he looks like our most consistently dangerous forward. Yes that is a very low bar right now, but its still crazy to think how much he has improved with new found confidence.

Once again after the game is done, I can't help but think about how good this team could be if the high paid players were earning their pay cheques.

I think Monty needs to consider moving Seguin to wing permanently, I think that is where we will get the most out of him.

Benn - Hintz - Seguin
Guri - Pavelski - Radulov

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Has anyone even noticed Klingberg has been out the last 2 games? I honestly have not except when the PP comes out without him and I say "Oh yeah, Klingberg's hurt". Not a good sign for how he has played this season.

He really needs to step it up when he returns, we need that offense he can bring.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Lindell is a horse. Watching him come off for 20 seconds, not even looking tired on the PK and ready to roll back out there was eye opening.

Would say it will be fun watching Heiskanen - Harley - Lindell - Klingberg down the road but I don't see us keeping all 4 long term. Klingberg should be the odd man out but he's the only RHD we have. Might still move him before he needs an extension though because no way we can afford to buy all the UFA years on those players.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Would say it will be fun watching Heiskanen - Harley - Lindell - Klingberg down the road but I don't see us keeping all 4 long term. Klingberg should be the odd man out but he's the only RHD we have. Might still move him before he needs an extension though because no way we can afford to buy all the UFA years on those players.

Klingberg will be 30 when he starts his new deal. Thats not a good age to re-sign UFA to a longterm deal. It will all depend on how much money he wants and how many years. Still he's signed for two more full seasons after this one so no reason to speculate just yet about anything there.

We're already in this fith year of his seven year contract. Man time flies .

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
At Klinger's cap hit, they probably see no reason to trade him. Even if he has slipped a bit, his $4 something million is now a bargain even for a second pair D. He's in a slump. It happens. Serp is right, 30 is a bad year to extend, maybe both for player and team. If he is still going, can't see longer than a 5 year term, Stars probably will want 3-4 with only a small raise.

Chelis Chili

Proud HFB member since 21 years [sic!]
Dec 26, 2002
Hockeytown
PERRY SKATES IN 1,000TH CAREER GAME

Joe Pavelski
scored twice on the night Corey Perry skated in his 1,000th career game as the Stars improved to 8-1-1 over the past 10 games on the heels of a 1-7-1 start to 2019-20.
* Perry, who signed with the Stars as a free agent on July 1, became the 340th player and 225th forward in NHL history to skate in 1,000 career games after originally being selected by the Ducks in the first round of the 2003 NHL Draft (28th overall) and playing 988 contests with the franchise.

Perry-1000GP_media-13115237.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad