Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

GAME CENTER | *THE PENGUIN* | GAME PREVIEW
OffVdk5.png

WE'RE GOING STREAKING

kNIDWVp.gif

Jake Guentzel continued his hot play on Monday night in Winnipeg, scoring once again to extend his goal-scoring streak to five games, tying his career-long originally recorded Mar. 31-Apr. 8, 2017. Guentzel is the first player in the NHL this season to score in five-straight games, and his active six-game point streak is tied for the second-longest such streak in the NHL.
From the Game Preview

LAST GAME

PROJECTED LINEUPS

RoN93H7.jpg

8-6-4 (20)
STATS

Guentzel - Crosby - Rust
Zucker - Carter - Kapanen
Simon - E-Rod - Heinen
ZAR - Blueger - McGinn

Dumoulin - Letang
Pettersson - Marino

Matheson - Ruhwedel

JARRY - DeSmith

iQFMMcp.png

6-11-2 (14)
STATS

Hoglander - Miller - Boeser
Podkolzin - Pettersson- Garland
Pearson - Horvat - Motte
Dickinson - Lammikko - Chaisson

OEL - Myers
Hughes - Poolman

Burroughs - Schenn

Demko - Halak

LAST GAME

SEE YOU SOON!
q6hvf54.png

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Awesome GDT as usual @Ugene Malkin.

I did the GDT for the Canucks so here’s the Stats clips courtesy of The Score App for those interested.

FC630ADA-AE5E-4409-9390-871FA0B1A88C.png
99400C0B-AE02-4057-841E-1C6427321BCD.png
234B9B52-520A-4264-A943-2666A5663802.png
BECE3BE0-15BE-40C8-ABE3-4BDC1F6792D8.png
BF79385A-1832-4BC9-BCFA-5B11809EEC86.png
FF0138DD-C876-46CC-9779-90197E6D644A.png

As some of you know, 99% of us on the Canucks Board are hoping for the losses to continue so Ownership will finally remove Jim Benning. It’s unfortunate, but it’s the only way we believe there will be change.

Hopefully your Boys have a big night and slumps are broken.

Cheers

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Not able to watch, family in town…I’d like the Pens to do some more winning at home…below average home record…

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Great GDT, Mr. Ugene.

Here's hoping our trend continues at home. No disrespect to the Canucks and their fans, but all of the disrespect to their owner...that's a franchise that needs to fail miserably if it is ever going to have hope again. Few things get me to feel for fans like a shitty owner...the Pirates fan in me would be giddy for an owner willing to spend competitively like the Canucks do, but I'm pretty sure everyone here would have been able to steer a franchise to more success than that wage thief has in the ~15-20 years he's been there. He's more like if the Pirates/Nutting decided to just pay everyone 4x more than they currently are and then being baffled as to why the results aren't 4x better. So many mediocre to bad players getting paid like vital pieces...for years and years and years.

So...hey, if Sid wants to show up for a game this would be a good one to start with.

Most of our goalies are too young to know that Penguin. Even with the re-runs.

Darn I feel old now.

I was a wee lad when Wregget's mask made me want to be a goalie so I could wear a cool mask and the original Batman series was only known to me from Simpsons references...any goalie coming up now is as far removed from the DeVito Penguin as I would have been from the Meredith Penguin as a ~9 year-old. Time is a hideous bitch-goddess.

Okay, some early morning math.
Burgess Meredith played the Penguin from 1966-68.
Danny DeVito played the Penguin in 1992.
Kenny Wregget started wearing that Penguin mask in the mid-90s...I want to say 95 or 96. Let's say 96 for easier math. That's 30 years between Meredith's first portrayal and Wregget's DeVito mask. 30 years after DeVito played the Penguin would be 2022...now we all know what Filip Lindberg's mask needs to be. Sorry Filip, you don't get a say in this matter.

Last edited:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Not able to watch, family in town…I’d like the Pens to do some more winning at home…below average home record…

Hopefully they ride the Canadian trip effort back home. As impressive as it was, there was one constant that made it possible, Jarry. He had made it his staple last year to making home games very watchable. But like any goalie, there are ebbs and flows. So I'm pulling for, Jarry.

I had him as "The Penguin" in a GDT last year as he was Puttin' on the Ritz... and they walked away with a 3-2 win in OT. Jarry also had a point on the game winning goal like this last game where he assisted on Jake's empty net goal.

Let's have more of that...

Reactions: RSPens and Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Hopefully they ride the Canadian trip effort back home. As impressive as it was, there was one constant that made it possible, Jarry. He had made it his staple last year to making home games very watchable. But like any goalie, there are ebbs and flows. So I'm pulling for, Jarry.

I had him as "The Penguin" in a GDT last year as he was Puttin' on the Ritz... and they walked away with a 3-2 win in OT. Jarry also had a point on the game winning goal like this last game where he assisted on Jake's empty net goal.

Let's have more of that...

however, there’s a reasonable chance CDS starts this game…
EDIT: Or, nevermind lol…see below

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Solution

May 20, 2010
Cheswick, PA
Great GDT, Mr. Ugene.

Here's hoping our trend continues at home. No disrespect to the Canucks and their fans, but all of the disrespect to their owner...that's a franchise that needs to fail miserably if it is ever going to have hope again. Few things get me to feel for fans like a shitty owner...the Pirates fan in me would be giddy for an owner willing to spend competitively like the Canucks do, but I'm pretty sure everyone here would have been able to steer a franchise to more success than that wage thief has in the ~15-20 years he's been there. He's more like if the Pirates/Nutting decided to just pay everyone 4x more than they currently are and then being baffled as to why the results aren't 4x better. So many mediocre to bad players getting paid like vital pieces...for years and years and years.

So...hey, if Sid wants to show up for a game this would be a good one to start with.

I was a wee lad when Wregget's mask made me want to be a goalie so I could wear a cool mask and the original Batman series was only known to me from Simpsons references...any goalie coming up now is as far removed from the DeVito Penguin as I would have been from the Meredith Penguin as a ~9 year-old. Time is a hideous bitch-goddess.

Okay, some early morning math.
Burgess Meredith played the Penguin from 1966-68.
Danny DeVito played the Penguin in 1992.
Kenny Wregget started wearing that Penguin mask in the mid-90s...I want to say 95 or 96. Let's say 96 for easier math. That's 30 years between Meredith's first portrayal and Wregget's DeVito mask. 30 years after DeVito played the Penguin would be 2022...now we all know what Filip Lindberg's mask needs to be. Sorry Filip, you don't get a say in this matter.

Great logic here. Plus I now know what I must get as my mask design if I were to ever consider playing goalie again.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad