Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

bannergdt.png

[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2014/2015 REGULAR SEASON
GAME #19 - 11/19/2014

vs
(7-7-2) ____________ (7-7-4)

TIME | 8:00 PM ET VENUE | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | NBC SPORTS, TVA, SN1

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO - Charlie460HQ | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; PHI@NYR 4/30/14 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - FLYERS.com
NY Post - NYDN - Andrew Gross - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

NOVEMBER SCHEDULE:

novemberschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

I think until we lace them up and play another game, I think it’s going to sit with us for a little bit.
This is a tough loss, a tough night in the way we played. It’s nowhere near where we have to play to give ourselves a chance.
- Martin St. Louis

Yeah, I’m concerned, but we just have to keep talking about it and practicing and believe in each other and stay positive. We know it’s there.
We showed it but again to be in the race and to be on the right side of where you want to be you have to be consistent. You can’t have one good one and one bad one.
All of us want to win and we want to work hard and do the right thing but if we’re not doing it together the way we should, it’s a tough game.
- Henrik Lundqvist

It’s very tough to explain. We had a good start to the game and then they scored that goal, they seemed to get momentum.
We had a good start in the second, forced them into a few penalties and then they scored. Other than the start of both periods, everything in between was just a total disaster.
There was turnovers and we made it easy on the opposition on their breakouts and everything in between.
We definitely have to as a group, find the solutions to it because we’re a .500 hockey team right now and .500 is not going to get us into the playoffs.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="PHILADELPHIA FLYERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 16 | GF | 51
W | 7 | GA | 53
L | 7 | GF/G | 3.19
OTL | 2 | GA/G | 3.19
Pts | 16 | PIM/G | 9.9
HOME | 5-2-2 | PP% | 24.6
AWAY | 2-5-0 | PK% | 71.2
L10 | 6-4-0 | FO% | 50.2
STREAK | L2 | S/O | 0-2

Division | 6th
Conference | 13th
League | 25th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Simmonds, Voracek | 7 Assists | Jakub Voracek | 19 Points | Jakub Voracek | 26 + / - | Claude Giroux | +6 Shots | Claude Giroux | 75 Hits | Zac Rinaldo | 45 Blocks | Nick Schultz | 34 PIM | Zac Rinaldo | 20 FO% | Claude Giroux | 55.0 TOI/G F: | Claude Giroux | 21:26 TOI/G D: | Mark Streit | 23:01

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
R.J. Umberger | Brayden Schenn | Jakub Voracek
Matt Read | Sean Couturier | Wayne Simmonds (A)
Pierre Bellemare | Scott Laughton | Vincent Lecavalier
Zac Rinaldo | Chris VandeVelde | Jason Akeson

LD | RD
Nicklas Grossmann | Mark Streit (A)
Michael Del Zotto | Braydon Coburn (A)
Carlo Colaiacovo | Nick Schultz

Scratched
|

STARTING GOALIE:

MasonSteve_1.png

Steve Mason

GPI: 10 | W: 3 | L: 5 | OT: 1 | PIM: 2
SV% .911 | GAA: 3.02 | SA: 325 | GA: 29 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Claude Giroux | Undisclosed (DTD-GTD?)
Michael Raffl | Lower body (DTD)
Luke Schenn | Shoulder (DTD)
Andrew MacDonald | Lower body (IR)
Ryan White | Groin (IR)
Kimmo Timonen | Blood clot (IR)
Chris Pronger | PCS (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 18 | GF | 50
W | 7 | GA | 58
L | 7 | GF/G | 2.72
OTL | 4 | GA/G | 3.00
Pts | 18 | PIM/G | 11.4
HOME | 5-4-3 | PP% | 15.4
AWAY | 2-3-1 | PK% | 79.7
L10 | 3-3-4 | FO% | 47.8
STREAK | L1 | S/O | 1-4

Division | 4th
Conference | 10th
League | 20th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Rick Nash | 12 Assists | Derick Brassard | 9 Points | Rick Nash | 19 + / - | Duclair, Stempniak | +4 Shots | Rick Nash | 67 Hits | Tanner Glass | 57 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 48 PIM | Chris Kreider | 40 FO% | Dominic Moore | 53.0 TOI/G F: | Martin St. Louis | 18:39 TOI/G D: | Dan Girardi | 25:38

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Rick Nash | Derick Brassard | Mats Zuccarello
Chris Kreider | Derek Stepan (A) | Martin St. Louis (A)
Carl Hagelin | Kevin Hayes | Anthony Duclair
Tanner Glass | Dominic Moore | Jesper Fast

LD | RD
Marc Staal | Dan Boyle
John Moore | Dan Girardi (A)
Matt Hunwick | Kevin Klein

Scratched
Lee Stempniak|

STARTING GOALIE:

TalbotCam.png

Cam Talbot

GPI: 4 | W: 0 | L: 2 | OT: 1 | PIM: 0
SV% .880 | GAA: 3.48 | SA: 100 | GA: 12 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Ryan McDonagh | Shoulder (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboysgdt.png

Last edited:

iamthewalrus

Aug 1, 2010
Connecticut
Giroux-less Flyers vs. Lundqvist-less Rangers.

I think Talbot pulls through, and the defense plays well. Our team is almost 100% healthy again, and I like all four of our lines (As much as one can like a line with Glass on it, anyway).

4-2 Rangers

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@AGrossRecord: Speculating that if Lee Stempniak not skating this morning -and he's not after missing yesterday's practice - he won't be in lineup tonight”

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@PLeonardNYDN: Today's optional more like a mandatory off skate. McDonagh by himself earlier, now just Fast, Duke & Lundqvist on ice”

Vickers8

With Delzaster playing we should have good scoring chances for 1/3 of the game anyway

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Starting Hank vs. Buffalo is dumb.

Team needs a wake up call tonight. Talbot starting says to them. "Ok, he hasn't played well this year, so we can't rely on him to steal the game, we're going to have to come out and give max effort, and play very well in front of him in order to win"

That is why AV is starting Talbot, it's less about match-ups and more about sending a message.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@stevezipay: #NYR Lower-back tightness for Stempniak. Not likely to play tonight.”

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@stevezipay: So, against Flyers tonight, Fast and Duclair in. AV doesn't think it's a long-term issue for Stempniak”

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Agreed with AV that .500 hockey isn't good enough for the playoffs. Just wanted to remind people that the Rangers didn't get over .500 to stay until January 8th of last season. There's still a huge amount of hockey to play. The team is struggling to find consistency at the moment. I'm of the belief that, the more hockey they play, the more consistency they will find.

I wish I didn't have to counsel patience again this year, but with 64 games left in the season, I'm not all that worried.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Chris Mason and that defense.

I'm sorry but this is a win for the taking.

EDIT: nevermind......that's probably Steve Mason.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Chris Mason and that defense.

I'm sorry but this is a win for the taking.

EDIT: nevermind......that's probably Steve Mason.

Lol...

“@AGrossRecord: Now, the funny thing about me writing Chris Mason instead of Steve Mason is, as I was typing, I said, "I always turn Steve into Chris."â€

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Agreed with AV that .500 hockey isn't good enough for the playoffs. Just wanted to remind people that the Rangers didn't get over .500 to stay until January 8th of last season. There's still a huge amount of hockey to play. The team is struggling to find consistency at the moment. I'm of the belief that, the more hockey they play, the more consistency they will find.

I wish I didn't have to counsel patience again this year, but with 64 games left in the season, I'm not all that worried.

I'm not so sure I see the roster this year as being as good as last. So sort of regardless of the patience involved it leads me to think they are going to have a much tougher time playing consistent and may not have the overall talent level to repeat what they did last year.

Although to be honest, I did not think they had the roster last year to do what they ultimately did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad