Prospect Info: #187OA - Hurricanes select G Nikita Quapp

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
His numbers look pretty awful, but whatevs, goalies.

Holy Quapp, you’re not kidding. Those are worse than Kucharski numbers.

I really don’t get what they see in these goalies who have terrible stats at all levels. All I can see is size. I get we need to draft goalies but if this is their idea of doing so I’d rather pick a skater than a goalie who’s never shown the ability to to stop pucks.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Holy Quapp, you’re not kidding. Those are worse than Kucharski numbers.

I really don’t get what they see in these goalies who have terrible stats at all levels. All I can see is size. I get we need to draft goalies but if this is their idea of doing so I’d rather pick a skater than a goalie who’s never shown the ability to to stop pucks.
I almost made a sick Kucharski burn, but we do have the relative that visits here on occasion.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I feel like we have grabbed a few guys that played in the U18s this year, including Quapp. Wonder if circumstances necessitated putting a little more stock in those viewings. His numbers didn't look good even there, but maybe he played well for a lesser Germany team or something. Looks like his numbers prior to this year were a bit better. Maybe he just got jerked around a lot this year. Played for several teams.

Reactions: DaveG

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
qwoptitle.0.png

Kick save and a beauty!

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
I feel like we have grabbed a few guys that played in the U18s this year, including Quapp. Wonder if circumstances necessitated putting a little more stock in those viewings. His numbers didn't look good even there, but maybe he played well for a lesser Germany team or something. Looks like his numbers prior to this year were a bit better. Maybe he just got jerked around a lot this year. Played for several teams.

His team was not a lesser team, but by far the worst DEL team I've seen in ages. Quapp looked solid for a kid. He's a promising talent, most likely the german starter at the WJC. He needs time, but he's one of the better german goalie talents.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
And let's be fair, it took him a couple schools but Kuch put up pretty good numbers this past year.

Yeah, and he hasn't got much playing time (even this past year) since we drafted him.

9 games in 18-19
0 games in 19-20
7 games in 20-21

That's not a lot of action unfortunately. Hopefully next year is a normal year and he can build on what he did this year.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Quapp is probably the best goalie to come out of Germany since Niederberger if i’m being honest. He’s a project for sure but for but for a goalie to play full time (for the most part) in the DEL on one of the worst teams as a 17 y/o and to hold his own is impressive.

Has a chance to be Germany’s starter at the u-20 WJC.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Quapp is probably the best goalie to come out of Germany since Niederberger if i’m being honest. He’s a project for sure but for but for a goalie to play full time (for the most part) in the DEL on one of the worst teams as a 17 y/o and to hold his own is impressive.

Has a chance to be Germany’s starter at the u-20 WJC.
Thank you. Always good to hear perspective from folks in the know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad