Post-Game Talk: 18 to Go

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Hank is the best...kinda glad he's out from behind Datsyuk's shadow. He's the leader the next generation of Wings players need to have around.

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
We really needed someone to beat Boyles ass into the ground after that dirty trip on Z. Guy works so hard, doesn't get calls and no one stands up for him. Boyle is a dirt bag that should have been punished.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
It's just such a weak draft that I can't get too excited.
1) Even in a "weak" draft, it's possible to get multiple players that improve the roster long-term.

2) Rest assured, this will not be the only draft where Detroit picks in the top 10.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
It's just such a weak draft that I can't get too excited.

It's not ideal but there will still be players available who are long-term upgrades over what we currently have.

2012 was very weak and still produced Galchenyuk, Reily, Trouba, Forsberg, Hertl, Vasilevskiy, Gostisbehere.

Yakupov, Reinhart, Murray are underwhelming as top-5 picks which definitely contributes to that perspective, so I guess it comes down to faith in our scouts, who have done reasonably well with forwards, at least.

Probert

Feb 27, 2008
Boston, MA
If this is the effort in the FIRST half of a back-to-back, it could be a patent-pending special brew of ugly tomorrow night in Boston.

Call up Dylan McIlrath - I'm tired of seeing our boys get taken advantage of out there. It's not Mantha's job, and nobody else is going to step up and do it (Abby stop hiding). I don't disagree with the general consensus that McIlrath is a pylon who won't fare well in this fast paced league, but for ****'s sake at least he'll put a beating on somebody for taking a run at a Wing.

Last night both Russo and Zetterberg got opened up, Russo from a very dangerous hit from Matt Martin, early in the game. Kid looked like he'd just finished a round in the UFC with that ****ing gash.

We have plenty of guys taking bad penalties out there right now. We have at least one D-man with no knees left, who's a complete pylon who's forced to take penalties. If we're already taking bad penalties and playing a pylon, why not call up a pylon who will stand up for his teammates, and do so in convincing fashion?

FFS!

Aye, I'm frustrated. Living in Boston these days it's not going to be a fun one to watch tonight either. Another tough, abrasive team to have it's way with the tiny little wimpy Wings. Probably some chirpin' from colleagues tomorrow (which is always in good fun, regardless of who wins, but damn I'm tired of the Wings playing like a bunch of softies. Nyquist should stripped of his #14 immediately - ****ing insulting to the legacy of Brendan Shanahan).

Gah, so frustrated right now. I love our young players, but we definitely need to clean house, stat!

Going back to work now, didn't mean to offend anyone. I know McIlrath is a pylon, but dammit I'm tired of teams taking liberties with the Wings. The refs have never and will never have our backs the way a guy like Mac will. Culture of winning is commendable. Culture of keeping our kids safe should be bigger priority right now. Getting manhandled like that while losing game after game. ****ing disgusting.

Cheers! :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad