Post-Game Talk: #18: Nov. 17, 2016: Jets 2 at Flyers 5

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
One of the reason Ghost does miss the net wide is because he is determined to not get his shot blocked up high. Shot-blockers (on most teams) are so damn good at getting in lanes nowadays. I'd rather a shot miss than be blocked 100% of the time.

I also think he is really concentrating on giving his teammates chances for tips. It could be my imagination, but he seems like an unselfish guy - sometimes (often, actually) you see on the PP how he defers to G, which is of course a smart thing to do. As tricky (and stupid) as it is to try to interpret body language, he just strikes me as being very unselfish and deferential, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was shooting slightly wide on purpose, at least some of the time, as completely ridiculous as that sounds.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Honestly, I think Ghost is trying too hard to blast everything past the goalie. It doesn't have anything to do with being selfish...he just needs to be smarter with shot selection. I don't know why he feels the need to blast everything on net with a slap shot. He's got a great wrister too. Could stand to use it more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad