18 Greatest Avalanche of All-Time

bidzey*

Really high on Lemieux, eh?

Lemieux was maybe an average player in regular games, but he always stepped up his game when it most counted. He had a nack of being a super star when playoffs came around.
b.t.w. if Bigras pans out for you guys, you will see he has a similar nature to his game.

Dutchess

Jan 23, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Lemieux was maybe an average player in regular games, but he always stepped up his game when it most counted. He had a nack of being a super star when playoffs came around.
b.t.w. if Bigras pans out for you guys, you will see he has a similar nature to his game.

Totally get why he's placed there by some. I didn't have him quite as high but I definitely see the logic.

AvInNebr

Jul 10, 2013
Nebraska
I like the idea of a top 18 ... got my attention more than another top 10/15/20 list would have I admit.

That said I figured I'd try my hand at a top 20 favorites list but found myself having trouble narrowing it and ranking it. Of course I have the guys like Sakic, Roy, Foote, Forsberg in there, then I have some currents like O'Reilly and Duchene on there (again, no surprises) but then I have some that others may not have on their lists. A few of those...

JSG ... I just really have liked how he has handled himself during games and while not playing as well. I love the leadership role he assumes and honestly wouldn't mind seeing him take lessons from Allaire and exploring a goalie coach type future once he's done playing.

Hinote, Parker, Yelle, Laperriere ... not the stars of any team but guys that are on my list for various reasons. Lappy and Hinote always gave their all, Parker was such a character, and Yelle just always quietly went about his work playing very important roles for us.

Liles ... he's just always been one of my favorites from past teams. Can't really explain why...

Maybe some of these would sit just outside that top 20 if I do get it narrowed down but they certainly weren't among those crossed out in a first pass of our historical roster...

Lemieux22

Jul 30, 2005
Top 18 + goalie makes the most sense to me, as in 12 forwards, 6 d-men. Ranking is skewed more how much/how long they contributed to the Avs, so Blake and Bourque are lower than Foote for instance.

I'm a little skewed more towards the '96 team as that was the squad that got me into hockey in the first place...

1) Sakic
2) Forsberg
3) Roy
4) Foote
5) Hejduk
6) Lemieux
7) Deadmarsh
8) Blake
9) Bourque
10) Drury
11) Ozolinsh
12) Kamensky
13) Gusarov (highly underrated)
14) Duchene
15) Tanguay
16) Ricci
17) Podein
18) Keane
19) Klemm

hard to keep Yelle off this list, but I just enjoyed watching Keane/Podein/Ricci play more. They're all similar in my eyes, heart and soul checkers that were clearly a level above guys like Eric Messier or Hinote (loved him not in their class). Landeskog needs another year to make this list. Stastny prob deserves to be on it too, but eh, I wanted some grinders

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Yelle is 6th all-time on # Games Played. He's above Roy (that one surprised me).

Definitely deserves to be on the list.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm high on Lemieux as well.

I know people love Foote and I definitely know why, but I feel like Foote loses popularity for bolting to CBJ and then his really bad last years here - should have retired much earlier. But he was one of the best in his prime.

Lemieux was such a catalyst to me when he was an Av. People will say Parker was the enforcer but I felt like Lemieux was the "protecter" while scoring goals at crucial times as well. Absolutely loved him as a player.

He didn't bolt. PL gave him one slap in the face offer about a month before free agency. Basically told him to take it or leave it, and then never talked to him again. They were up against the cap and could only afford him if he came mega mega cheap.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
He didn't bolt. PL gave him one slap in the face offer about a month before free agency. Basically told him to take it or leave it, and then never talked to him again. They were up against the cap and could only afford him if he came mega mega cheap.

I think some fans expected him to stay and take less money. Or at least they hoped he would. It wasn't as though PL could have offered him any more $$$ and everyone knew it, so I don't really see it as a slap in the face offer - we literally were against the cap. I think at the end of the day Foote chose money over staying, and that's where I think he may have lost some popularity. Same situation with Forsberg. If we were in the player's shoes most of us would have left as well, but that's just the way things go. We're all hypocrites.

Vandalay Industries

Feb 13, 2008
I wanna play this game too...

1) Sakic
2) Roy
3) Blake
4) Foote
5) Lemieux
6) Bourque
7) Forsberg
8) Hejduk
9) Ozolinsh
10) Duchene
11) Tanguay
12) Stastny
13) Deadmarsh
14) Kamensky
15) Drury
16) Ricci
17) Parker
18) Keane

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
I lost a lot of respect for parker after his moore comments. Not sure i call him in mytop 18. Even his contributions, i cant acknowledge someone who says a fellow teammate deserved to have their neck broken in a cowardly act like that.

Puck Poise

May 29, 2011
I lost a lot of respect for parker after his moore comments. Not sure i call him in mytop 18. Even his contributions, i cant acknowledge someone who says a fellow teammate deserved to have their neck broken in a cowardly act like that.

I feel the exact same.

He went to Harvard, you know what, **** me. College grad. I never went to college, but I can kick your ass. I'll bring you right down to my IQ level if you want.

I think Kamensky is too low.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I am honestly baffled that anyone would even think of Parker for a list like this.

Parker27

Aug 3, 2005
Montana
This is a great topic. To me i can't get my head around Eric I am the king of roller blading Messier is on anyones list. Not trying to be mean to anyone I just can't see that one. If anything tanguay should be higher in my opinion. He did score two goals in game seven. Also I would put Dingman over Parker. Dingman was the one that filled in for forsberg in the final two rounds. He also was the one that hit Gomez in game six to lead to Footes goal. If I remember right devils were out shooting us 10-1 when that happened. Aebi has to be there also. He did have some great moments. Once again great idea.

DRL

Mar 2, 2003
Brampton, Ontario
My 18

Tanguay-sakic-hejduk
Kamensky-forsberg-Lemieux
Drury-stastny-deadmarsh
Yelle-ricci-keane

Bourque-foote
Ozolinsh-Blake
Liles-klemm

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Amazing many people don't have lappy in their list.

Especially over podein, messier, Parker.

Him and keane are a toss up

how about Chris Simon ? I know he didnt play much with the Avs , but at his prime ,i'm taking Simon over Parker any day of the week. If you have a spot for Parker you should have one for Simon .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad