GDT: 18/2/2013 - Flames (5-5-3) at Coyotes (7-6-2) 19:00 MST

Aug 3, 2010
Here's a terribad GDT.

Wonder if the team will show up today on a back-to-back and with a back-up to boot.

Therefore, I'm not sure if I'll show up either with a better GDT.
I'll try to at least post rosters later.

Either way, I'll be at work all day.
Happy Family Day.

PROJECTED LINES

THE ******* INCONSISTENT CALGARY FLAMES

Hudler - Horak - Cervenka
Cammy - Tangs - Iggy
Glencross - Stajan - Stempniak
Comeau - Begin - Jackman

Giordano - Bouwmeester
Wideman - Brodie
Butler - Babchuk

Taylor

THE PHOENIX COYOTES

Sullivan - Vermette - Doan
Boedker - Hanzal - ???
Korpikoski - Gordon - Moss
Torres - Chipchura - Johnson

Ekman-Larsson - Michalek
Yandle - ???
Klesla - Stone

Smith

Last edited by a moderator:

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
Win 2 in a row?

Taylors first start

search

RA9

Dec 30, 2009
it's likely taylor will make his first start.

hopefully he can play well, we'll really need it this game.

gfg.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Is Danny Taylor for sure starting? High hopes for a calm, fundamental goalie like him!

Bob Hartley said this morning Taylor will be starting.
"Monday morning, Flames head coach Bob Hartley said Danny Taylor would make his first career NHL start in goal tonight. "

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Happy Family Day everybody!!

I'm excited to see Taylor in action, and I'm excited to see the Flames come off a win and have a game the next night.

Go :flames Go!!

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Gotta start stringing a few wins together. Our next 6 games are all *winnable, and could really boost us up the standings!

Good-luck Taylor! Go Flames Go!

Sep 13, 2009
Gotta start stringing a few wins together. Our next 6 games are all *winnable, and could really boost us up the standings!

Good-luck Taylor! Go Flames Go!

Yes but remember, the Calgary Flames are *like a box of chocolates. Good luck to Taylor tonight, hope the Flames play well in front of him.

*You just never know what you gonna get!

Go Flames Go! Can we get above .500 please? :snide:

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
didn't catch the 3rd period but did Horak continue to play with Hudler and Cervenka? Saw his icetime total and it was less than 10 minutes I think.

Obviously Hartley liked what he saw so hopefully that line has a good game!

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
didn't catch the 3rd period but did Horak continue to play with Hudler and Cervenka? Saw his icetime total and it was less than 10 minutes I think.

Obviously Hartley liked what he saw so hopefully that line has a good game!

He only really took a few shifts with them in the third, it looks like Hartley liked what he saw

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Just ****ing win.

Excited to see Taylor start, and I'm really happy to see Horak playing with Cerv and Huds.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
In think Sven might still be kept here. He wasn't sent down even when he was playing 5 minutes a game. :(

That was only 1 game, I would imagine that if he wasn't given a spot in the top 9 he would be sent back down. I think it would be good for him to play the year getting 20+ minutes in the ahl rather than 5-10 in the nhl. Then if we trade Stempniak he takes his spot.

Either way I think Sven is the off man out in the top 9.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I think when Sven and Backlund come back, we are going to waive Comeau and probably move a guy like Stempniak. Keeping Horak up in the process.

I doubt this team waives Comeau, I don't like him but atleast he hits and pks. I also doubt we move Stempniak unless we are out of it as he has been playing great and also is a good pker.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
They are my favorite lines so far when Backlund comes back I think he takes Horak's spot and Horak and Sven go to the heat.

With a healthy line up i would probably do:

Hudler - Stajan - Cervenka
Cammalleri - Tanguay - Iginla
Baertschi - Backlund - Glencross
Comeau - Begin - Stempniak

I think its up to Baertschi honestly, he will get another shot since he's coming back before Backlund, so its his opportunity to steal a jersey. I think he realizes his job is not safe and he will come back hungry. If thats the case I think Stempniak either gets traded or dumped to the 4th line since he's slowly starting to cool off.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

I think its up to Baertschi honestly, he will get another shot since he's coming back before Backlund, so its his opportunity to steal a jersey. I think he realizes his job is not safe and he will come back hungry. If thats the case I think Stempniak either gets traded or dumped to the 4th line since he's slowly starting to cool off.

Not bad, not saying I hate it but I think Backlund fits well with the speed of Hudler and Cervenka and Stajan and Stempniak have a real chemistry when shutting down other teams lines. We should be rewarding effort and production and I just can't see sticking Stempniak on the 4th after the way he has played to start the year, as long Stempniak plays the way he has he is in the top 9 (for me).

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

I really like these lines. Doesn't rush Bart into the top 6, but gives him solid linemates. I might switch Backlund and Stajan depending on the hot hand. Only thing I don't like is no Horak.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00