GDT: #18 – Penguins at Sabres – Sat Nov 19, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Lazy? :laugh:

I think Sam panicked and made a bad play. He thinks he didn't. Its doesn't really need to go much beyond that because its not that big a deal. That he came in with this epic breakdown just as we won the game in OT seems crazy to me and doesn't change my opinion.

I'm aware of Sam's options and simply disagree. That doesn't warrant a War and Peace length response. Something I'm quite capable of responding with as you well know.

Sorry that i was behind jj, like i said, on dvr, but your still wrong. If you rewatch the play its pretty obvious. But I like the too much effort defense mechanism.haha

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Sorry that i was behind jj, like i said, on dvr, but your still wrong. If you rewatch the play its pretty obvious. But I like the too much effort defense mechanism.haha

My bad on that, thought you went back to watch it and were breaking it down and then got done when the game did.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
yeah they need to kick that dumb green man out of the arena its really obnoxious

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Just got home from the game ...

Considering I went tonight expecting a 5-1 embarrassment at the hands of the Stanley cup champs .... this game was impressive overall. Sure you can nitpick it apart and find fault with anything. But overall, wow, nice win.

Nilsson was awesome.
Larsson played a solid game.
Okposo was a beast.
And Risto annoyed/aggravated Crosby all game.

Again, considering our lineup... I enjoyed the game.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Nilsson played fantastic, but let's not anoint him the savior just yet. Lehner has had his share of excellent games, and Nilsson will have a bad game at some point as well...there's not nearly enough data to suggest that Nilsson is better than Lehner at this point in time.

I imagine much of the "Nilsson is better!" crowd are still pissed we traded a first round pick for Lehner and are actually hoping Lehner fails so they can win an internet argument.

I hated the trade, but I like Lehner and I'm glad we have him. OTOH, if Nilsson continues to show this well, I hope TM can accept that they are both close to equal, re-sign both for the minimum, and have Bylsma platoon them for around a 45-37 split.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
Lehner hasn't been the reason for our L's. I'm still a fan of his. But Nilsson has looked better IMO since the beginning of training camp.

I'd give Nilsson the nod against the Flames and see how it goes. He could prove to be the guy for us going forward.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
Just got home from the game ...

Considering I went tonight expecting a 5-1 embarrassment at the hands of the Stanley cup champs .... this game was impressive overall. Sure you can nitpick it apart and find fault with anything. But overall, wow, nice win.

Nilsson was awesome.
Larsson played a solid game.
Okposo was a beast.
And Risto annoyed/aggravated Crosby all game.

Again, considering our lineup... I enjoyed the game.

Many Pens fans there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad