17th Career Hat Trick for Alex Ovechkin

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Or his wrist finally healed? A guy like Ovechkin doesn't go 3 out of 4 games without a shot because he simply sucks. It was pretty obvious that he was playing through some sort of injury which affected his shooting ability.

lol wrist injuries don't magically heal, especially by through continuous use let alone professional sports. The excuses are just getting stupid.

Guy had an off year and went cold for large parts of the season, simple enough. He's not mysteriously injured or "saving it for the playoffs". He can however, flip the switch and get hot considering he's not injured.

Moorpheus*

|GERMAN/IDEALISM\
Apr 14, 2015
lol wrist injuries don't magically heal, especially by through continuous use let alone professional sports. The excuses are just getting stupid.

Guy had an off year and went cold for large parts of the season, simple enough. He's not mysteriously injured or "saving it for the playoffs". He can however, flip the switch and get hot considering he's not injured.

How do you know that?

You don't.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
How do you know that?

You don't.

Oh you're right he was just stupid enough to play injured while his team's locked up a playoff position since January, instead of taking 3-4 games off to nurse an apparently major wrist injury (to the point where he couldn't shoot according to some posters) he thought it was better to play through it and risk further damage.

But then 3-4 games later it magically heals, my bad.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I didn't realize Lil Wayne was a fan of Ovechkins.

I know it's twitter, but that's one of the worst abuses uses of english I've seen. Ovechkin isn't going to think Wayne is cool just because he misspells Congrats with a K

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Oh you're right he was just stupid enough to play injured while his team's locked up a playoff position since January, instead of taking 3-4 games off to nurse an apparently major wrist injury (to the point where he couldn't shoot according to some posters) he thought it was better to play through it and risk further damage.

It's possible that he's had some nagging injury effecting his shooting. Not sure if it was the case, but it's entirely possible.

Andon

Oct 23, 2016
Funnily enough he would now have a chance for the Rocket if Crosby hadn't gone on a goal scoring spree lately :laugh:

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Funny how non fans of the team can comment on his play and conclude that he is all washed up now.

It seems highly likely that he had some sort of problem with his wrist. He was passing up shots and his shot looked weak. This was pretty evident to any Caps fan.

Tonight, it was the classic Ovechkin shot and a hat trick was the result.

I think he's got a few more hat tricks in him before he hangs up his skates. :)

Jbwest31

Feb 9, 2017
Anybody who has watched him play the past month or so knows that something was wrong. His velocity was no where near his usual and he was passing up numerous scoring chances.

Don't listen to the troll. Some people are just going to hate when their team is barely squeaking into the playoffs.

Chain Attack

Aug 15, 2006
Congrats. :handclap:

Ovechkin scored a hat trick in Minnesota last year as well. He now has 14 goals in 12 career games against the Wild. I'm sure Dubnyk never wants to see him again.

KnoccOut

Dec 23, 2008
Toronto

I know it's twitter, but that's one of the worst abuses uses of english I've seen. Ovechkin isn't going to think Wayne is cool just because he misspells Congrats with a K

Its not that serious...

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland

Oh you're probably right. Ovechkin wasn't injured, he just forgot how to shoot well for a random month of his career and then suddenly he remembered how again.

Meanwhile he has more goals than Stamkos for what the 5th straight year?

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site

Stop. You are smarter then this. For at least a month if not two Ovechkin did not shoot. Velocity just disappeared. It started coming back in the past two weeks. The shot is still not 100% but it's close to it now. Draw your own conclusions. Btw, I was at the game against the Pens when Ovechkin got tripped and fell on his arm. I thought he'd be out for the season.

Fondue

Apr 25, 2007
Brooklyn
He's just one Ovechtrick away from tying Crosby for the league lead :sarcasm:

Seriously though, he's been injured. Plain and simple. If you watched the last 2-3months, you'd definitely see it as the case. He barely shot the puck. And when he did, it was slow and inaccurate.

I remember watching a game early-ish in the season where he fell and skated back to the bench clutching his elbow/wrist areas. I remember thinking, "that don't look good." I'm pretty sure it was around then that his "decline" happened.

WIth that said, I don't think it was entirely bad that he went through whatever he went through. I firmly believe he evolved his game a bit. He's been using his teammates a lottttt more and setting up some great plays. Not that he didn't do that before, but this season it is quite evident. He was passing on a lot of opportunities in which classic Ovy would simply choose to shoot.

We'll see how it all shakes up come POs. Maybe this is just all part of the season's journey to the ultimate goal. Trials and tribulations, and all that.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada

It's a gang thing... Lil Wayne is affiliated with the Bloods.

I did laugh that OP put a Lil Wayne Tweet as his thread content though :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3