Prospect Info: 17OA: Axel Sandin Pellikka

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Will ASP get his 1st gold medal? Or is it another silver in his growing collection of silver's?
- TV-pucken silver medal
- Hlinka Gretzky Cup silver medal
- U18 WJC silver medal
- SHL silver medal
- U20 WJC silver medal
- CHL silver medal

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
The SHL doesn't have commercial breaks every 2 minutes.
Don't they really not have commercial breaks at all during sporting events, like even at intermission?

Definitely not during the play, therefore jersey and ice ads are way less intrusive than commercials. Which, is exactly what the original point was.

Holy f*** are there way too many commercial breaks with the same terrible commercials every f***ing game.

It's hilarious how dude "can barely watch one patch"
A patch you can't see during the broadcast of games, is relatively small, and fits with the white on red of the uniform itself.
I don't wanna buy a jersey with a tiny priority ad on it, but to blow it out of proportion like some of you is just sad to see from grown men. Rage about the dumbest shit.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Don't they really not have commercial breaks at all during sporting events, like even at intermission?

Definitely not during the play, therefore jersey and ice ads are way less intrusive than commercials. Which, is exactly what the original point was.

Holy f*** are there way too many commercial breaks with the same terrible commercials every f***ing game.

It's hilarious how dude "can barely watch one patch"
A patch you can't see during the broadcast of games, is relatively small, and fits with the white on red of the uniform itself.
I don't wanna buy a jersey with a tiny priority ad on it, but to blow it out of proportion like some of you is just sad to see from grown men. Rage about the dumbest shit.

eh I get it though, does anyone actually expect them to stop at just the one patch? we'll have just as many jersey patches as the euro leagues someday and will still have as many commercials as ever too

Reactions: Realgud and Ezekial

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
eh I get it though, does anyone actually expect them to stop at just the one patch? we'll have just as many jersey patches as the euro leagues someday and will still have as many commercials as ever too
Yea that's the American corporatocracy at work. But you can't even see the patch from the broadcast camera, so saying it impacts the ability to watch the game is horse shit and not a real complaint.
I have no problem with complaints directed toward greedy business men or taking a stand based on your own principals, but to say it effects your ability to watch the hockey, please. SHL definitely distracting from the game with the ads, but at least there's no commercials. It sucks that we're slaves to our corporate overlords but that's life these days.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
There are one each period called ''power breaks'', that is 70 seconds long at the first whistle after the 10 minute mark each period, unless it's an icing or a ongoing power play.

At intermissions there are ''commercials'' but since the same company owns the rights to every game of the two highest tiers of Swedish hockey there aren't real commercials but a couple of gambling ads who sponsors the company and trailers for series and movies that the company also provides.

Reactions: Ezekial

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
The SHL doesn't have commercial breaks every 2 minutes.

And the NHL doesn't have ads plastered over the entire jersey, pants, helmets and ice.

Yea that's the American corporatocracy at work. But you can't even see the patch from the broadcast camera, so saying it impacts the ability to watch the game is horse shit and not a real complaint.
I have no problem with complaints directed toward greedy business men or taking a stand based on your own principals, but to say it effects your ability to watch the hockey, please. SHL definitely distracting from the game with the ads, but at least there's no commercials. It sucks that we're slaves to our corporate overlords but that's life these days.

It is a real complaint though. I don't want the nice looking jerseys to have dumb ads on them. Saying you can't see them is also not true as there are plenty of close up shots and they looks bad in all shots. There is more than enough ads already in this world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad