GDT: #17 - Sharks @ Winnipeg -Canada Bound! - 11/10/13 - 5:00pm - CSNCA KFOX

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
We definitely aren't skating. I see a ton of reaching and button hooks in both zones. We get someone like wingels or Kennedy in on the forecheck and in wingels case, jumbo and hertl support. In Kennedy's case everyone is way behind and they get it out.

Pavs line couldn't do anything. Maybe if they had Torres instead of nieto or havlat.

They need to stop the fly bys for sure. They need to finish more checks on the other teams defense. Wingels does and the 4th liners do and Hertl will but the team needs a little more committment in that department from everyone else. Torres and Burns are missed in that department. It also gets you into the game and engaged early. They don't need to run guys every shift but if you have a chance to hit a defenseman you can't let them off the hook as much as I've seen.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
While I think there is the obvious hole in that Stuart/Irwin have not done the job when called upon, I have to say that while the Sharks have always gone through streaks of "unluckiness", this is not one of those. The Sharks are legitimately playing poorly. Since the Phoenix game, in fact.

You can't blame the talent, and you can't blame the coaching. It really seems to just be execution by the players.

In particular, Couture used to draw the hardest matchups to a draw; Pavelski used to get the easiest matchups and light them up. Couture's line is coming up short; this can be somewhat understandable given the competition level. But Pavelski's line, which now has two legitimate first-liners with Havlat, has gotten dominated by far inferior talent.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
I have to say that while the Sharks have always gone through streaks of "unluckiness",

Thats true in the past... but at least in the last two games the sharks have been getting some really lucky breaks. They just can't hold a lead lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad