GDT: #17 | Pens @ Jets | Monday, November 22 @ 8:30 PM | That was Fresh 'Eh Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Predicted Line-Ups -

Penguins

Guentzel - Crosby - Rust
Zucker - Carter - Kapanen
ZAR - Blueger - McGinn
Simon - Rodrigues - Heinen

Dumoulin - Letang
Pettersson - Marino
Matheson - Ruhwedel

Jarry
Desmith

Winnipeg

Copp - Scheifele - Ehlers
Connor - Dubois - Wheeler
Harkins - Lowry - Svechnikov
Toninato - Nash - Vesalainen

Morrissey - Schmidt
Dillon - Poink
Stanley - Demelo

Hellebuyck
Comrie

GO PENS.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Man what the hell ever happened to Dustin By-foog-lee-uhn anyway? That's an awfully large human being to just sort of disperse to the ether.

He made 100 million and had a cup so he was like f*** this basically.

Reportedly dude just liked fishing and the Jets f***ed up a surgery ala Tarasenko.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Tonight the great mystery of the world will be answered?

Is Sidney Crosby better than Mark Schieffle?

Or was it Barzal? I can’t remember. Maybe still Prucha

Reactions: Nathaniel Skywalker

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Tonight the great mystery of the world will be answered?

Is Sidney Crosby better than Mark Schieffle?

Or was it Barzal? I can’t remember. Maybe still Prucha
Screen_Shot_2017_06_22_at_8.33.29_AM.jpg

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
I almost forgot that Steve Downie was a Penguin. How long was his PIT career? 238 minutes? No, that is his career best PIM (just happened to be his season with PIT).

steve_downie640.jpg

This is the picture of a man who carries a saw and shovel in a bag in his trunk.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Going to be a tough game.

Winnipeg has in my opinion one of the best goalies.

Connor has been scoring last 2 games he hasn't so his chance is coming this game.

PLD Ehlers Schiefle as well.

Poink who shuts down the Oilers pretty well.
(Limits chances hard to contain McDrai)

Going to be a good game to judge and see if we are going on the right track. I just want to see good playing the right way. A win preferably.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

this was a good game

That was the game every Jets player was taking runs at the Pens and Geno just reached the point where he was like "**** this shit" and hit Wheeler high . . .

Which in turn led to this a few weeks later in Winnipeg . . .

He had the Gordie Howe HT in that one . . . :laugh:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don’t know how I feel about this game…good team and better goalie…and I still don’t have a lot of confidence in the Pens…our finishing ability is for shit

Having said that, I won’t be at the dog park for the start of this game because of the late start, so that’s likely to be the kiss of death for the Pens…

Reactions: KIRK

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
That was the game every Jets player was taking runs at the Pens and Geno just reached the point where he was like "**** this shit" and hit Wheeler high . . .

Which in turn led to this a few weeks later in Winnipeg . . .

He had the Gordie Howe HT in that one . . . :laugh:

I remember those series of games against WPG and also that amazing OT goal where G got his stick around Scheifele and got to the puck and passed it to Sid beating Wheeler I think to the front of the net for a sweet goal..

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I don’t know how I feel about this game…good team and better goalie…and I still don’t have a lot of confidence in the Pens…our finishing ability is for shit

Having said that, I won’t be at the dog park for the start of this game because of the late start, so that’s likely to be the kiss of death for the Pens…

The Pens are no different than any other bubble team. They'll look like world beaters for a few, bottom feeders for a few, and somewhere in between for a few. If the good outweighs the bad by enough, they're in the playoffs. But, what that means for any given night is anyone's guess, because there's little rhyme or reason to any of it this season.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The Pens are no different than any other bubble team. They'll look like world beaters for a few, bottom feeders for a few, and somewhere in between for a few. If the good outweighs the bad by enough, they're in the playoffs. But, what that means for any given night is anyone's guess, because there's little rhyme or reason to any of it this season.

My issue is more to do with effort level/execution. Shortcomings in talent can't be controlled, but how much effort you put in can be. And that's where I think the Pens' biggest issue has been this year (and frankly, the last handful).

That's not to say that as long as they work hard, they win all the time. Of course they'll run in to superior teams working just as hard, or into hot goalies, or into teams with more puck luck. But games like versus that depleted Ottawa squad are 100% squarely the result of a lack of effort. That shit needs to be cut out.

Reactions: KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad