Prospect Info: 17-18 Blues Top Prospect #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicholas89alex

Nov 16, 2012
This was goes for Schmaltz.

Next Mikkola who really reminds of Karl Alzner. Defensive dmen who has skills to transition game. Plays simple, safe game, good blocking shots and has edge on his game, but who lack of offensive skills.

You have mikkola over Kyrou?

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I voted for Kyrou. He's got some questionmarks in his overall game. But, he's got a fair amount of skill, and is a good skater. Sanford has a few of his own big questionmarks, so he rates lower.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Looks like Kyrou is running away with this one.

For the next poll, I see Schmaltz and Sanford as incredibly close. I think Sundqvist should be in the discussion as well but fair or not, he simply has an unfamiliarity disadvantage.

Schmaltz and Sanford both project as guys that should develop into supporting NHLers (ie. decent NHLers but not core guys/difference makers). Both are right on the cusp but both haven't quite made it yet and there's still at least some chance of them not making it (sort of like how Lindbohm was right there and projected to be a starter but then got beat out in camp and got passed on the depth chart). I suppose I see Sanford as a smidge safer of a bet so may go with him in the next poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad