#14-Niko Mikkola (54%)
#15-Alexei Toropchenko (65%)
#16-Nolan Stevens (41%)
#17-Petteri Lindbohm (48%)

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Fitzpatrick. I don't know enough about Helt, Kaspick, Poganski, or Krag to make a good judgment on them. I also have no clue about Noel or Borque. I'll probably go Binnington after this vote unless others can convince me of any of the above's merit.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
It's a real crapsshoot from here on. I've always thought Fitzpatrick has a reasonable chance to have a good career as an NHL goalie. But, he's very young and a lot can happen good OR BAD to goalies because the mental aspects are so important. But, now all the skaters left have loads of questions about their games, and no more really high upside potentials are left. So, it's time to pick a goalie with high upside, even though he is far away.

Kaspick and Poganski don't have high enough upside to match, despite their having relatively high floors compared to the other skaters left, and Binnington.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
I haven't been around for the past month or two but how did Lindbohm fall so hard on this list? He's capable of being an NHL defenseman but isn't up because we for some reason re-signed Gunnarsson. He was ranked pretty even with Ed prior to Ed's breakout season last year and I feel like Lindbohm could have progressed even more had he been given a chance.
Also I accidentally hit Opilka instead of Fitzpatrick.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I haven't been around for the past month or two but how did Lindbohm fall so hard on this list? He's capable of being an NHL defenseman but isn't up because we for some reason re-signed Gunnarsson. He was ranked pretty even with Ed prior to Ed's breakout season last year and I feel like Lindbohm could have progressed even more had he been given a chance.
Also I accidentally hit Opilka instead of Fitzpatrick.

Lindbohm has regressed no doubt, I'm not suprised at all him beeing this far and won't even be mad of that, but Mikkola falling down that heavily is joke. Absolute joke. Mikkola should fight #6 spot. TT, Kyrou and Thomas are just hyped prospects, 'cus they're drafted high. I'll be shocked if they become even NHL'ers. Mikkola had most impressive last year and he taked huge steps in his game. I viewed earlier him become another Lindbohm, but now he's more of like Edmundson with mean streak game and tools for offensive game.

Ppl are going to directly suprised when Mikkola arrives to NA.

giphy.gif

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Lindbohm has regressed no doubt, I'm not suprised at all him beeing this far and won't even be mad of that, but Mikkola falling down that heavily is joke. Absolute joke. Mikkola should fight #6 spot. TT, Kyrou and Thomas are just hyped prospects, 'cus they're drafted high. I'll be shocked if they become even NHL'ers. Mikkola had most impressive last year and he taked huge steps in his game. I viewed earlier him become another Lindbohm, but now he's more of like Edmundson with mean streak game and tools for offensive game.

giphy.gif

And in 2-3 years when Thomas and Kyrou are large contributors to our top six offense you'll eat crow while Mikkola is playing on our third pair behind Dunn and Walman.

Thompson I agree is overrated and not that good.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
And in 2-3 years when Thomas and Kyrou are large contributors to our top six offense you'll eat crow while Mikkola is playing on our third pair behind Dunn and Walman.

Thompson I agree is overrated and not that good.

I would be so happy if that happends.

Tbh I'm bit confused myself how people see our prospects and how they ranked them. To me this hole rank system is all over the place, but I love to lurk after one year where everybody stands and love to compare previous year polls.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
I would be so happy if that happends.

Tbh I'm bit confused myself how people see our prospects and how they ranked them. To me this hole rank system is all over the place, but I love to lurk after one year where everybody stands and love to compare previous year polls.

I go by both upside and he likelihood of said player reaching that upside.

My personal ranking defer from that of the voted rankings.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011

giphy.gif
This is just a ridiculously biased post. You should probably stop talking about prospects.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Went with kaspick, liked him in the WJSS and my dad was at spec camp and was pretty impressed with kaspick, seems like he's got a little more skill than initially thought and works hard. if not for him i would've gone poganski. Fitzpatrick may be better as a spec currently and was a higher pick but i just don't trust spec goalies that play in the Q lol.

i wish we could do goalies separate from players.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Went with kaspick, liked him in the WJSS and my dad was at spec camp and was pretty impressed with kaspick, seems like he's got a little more skill than initially thought and works hard. if not for him i would've gone poganski. Fitzpatrick may be better as a spec currently and was a higher pick but i just don't trust spec goalies that play in the Q lol.

Goalies are players too! I always appreciated our teams', when they were good. I know you didn't mean it that way, but that could be taken as an insult. If you must separate goalies from non-goalies, why don't you use the well-known term "skaters"?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

1. Husso
2. Fitzpatrick
3. Binnington
4. Opilka

There you have it.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I thought about Fitzpatrick some more and I think if I'm being honest, at least part of why I'm not all too excited about him is that I just didn't like the pick at the time as there were still some guys I really liked that were still available at 59th overall and I didn't know much about Fitzpatrick at the time.

Let me preface this by saying that of course the Blues scouts know better than I do but I put together a top 60 for the 2016 draft and Fitz wasn't on it while the following guys were still available:

Name, my ranking, where they were taken

Adam Fox, 27th, 66th
Cliff Pu, 29th, 69th
Will Bitten, 35th, 70th
Vitali Abramov, 40th, 65th

I would REALLY like to have one of Fox or Pu now as they both exploded like I thought they might. That said, I knew very little about Fitz going into that draft and again, scouts are pros at this and know what they're doing. Hopefully Fitz has a good year and I'll try to not hold it against him that he was picked ahead of some others I really wanted as he had nothing to do with it.

And for the record, I had Kyrou at 31 and Thompson at 33.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I thought about Fitzpatrick some more and I think if I'm being honest, at least part of why I'm not all too excited about him is that I just didn't like the pick at the time as there were still some guys I really liked that were still available at 59th overall and I didn't know much about Fitzpatrick at the time.

Let me preface this by saying that of course the Blues scouts know better than I do but I put together a top 60 for the 2016 draft and Fitz wasn't on it while the following guys were still available:

Name, my ranking, where they were taken

Adam Fox, 27th, 66th
Cliff Pu, 29th, 69th
Will Bitten, 35th, 70th
Vitali Abramov, 40th, 65th

I would REALLY like to have one of Fox or Pu now as they both exploded like I thought they might. That said, I knew very little about Fitz going into that draft and again, scouts are pros at this and know what they're doing. Hopefully Fitz has a good year and I'll try to not hold it against him that he was picked ahead of some others I really wanted as he had nothing to do with it.

And for the record, I had Kyrou at 31 and Thompson at 33.
Fox was the one out of that list that I wanted to see the Blues take a chance on. He looked very promising at the time. His size was the concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad