GDT: 17/04/2013 - 7H00PM - Canadiens @ Penguins - RDS/TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halifaxhab*

Just hope Webbers return isn't going to dump gasoline into the already raging fire.

or worse. what hapens if Budaj serves up a stinker? then what? On one hand, the Price haters have nothing left to hang their hats on, on the other, we lose...so....

but the worst case whould be another game like the last two where only a handful of guys put in the effort.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I understand what you mean but I dont agree with the fact that these guys should need motivation. I have always disagreed with the whole motivation of athletes deal, it should be the team pride that automatically makes them want to do well.

Therrien has coached his life out to get a 15th place team to turn it around and believe that they could win. I think clinching so early has caused our guys to feel maybe a little elite but toronto and philly took that away. I hope they play to win tonight and make us forget the last two games.

It's tricky. Maybe they should be totally self-regulating, but no group is. Yeah, these guys are pros, but professionals of all ages and businesses get psyched out. Nothing you can do to stop it. I mean, can you think of another reason why the same team that was beating everyone for 40 games suddenly morphed into timid, disorganized mice with a head-case goalie?

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Don't you think the motivation should have come last game? They knew they had to have a bounceback game after toronto. It's not like they were great outside of Carey. They scored more against Philly!

The not being motivated thing was just an excuse, yup, an excuse (and I also think you get motivated before facing the leafs on sat night).

Basically, they just played like crap both games, it happens, but now it must stop.

Analyzer*

Really hoping we play better than our last few against the Penguins.

You mean the ones where it was a wide open game and we stayed with them till the end ?

Or the one where it was a defensive battle and the best player in the world gave them the edge ?

Compared to the last 2 games, one of those battles would be much needed, even if it is a loss.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
We do not really believe Budaj is a 7-1-1 goale right? Sure he is overdue for a few losses. Those things do even out over time. Good thing this is a asterisk season.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
You mean the ones where it was a wide open game and we stayed with them till the end ?

Or the one where it was a defensive battle and the best player in the world gave them the edge ?

Compared to the last 2 games, one of those battles would be much needed, even if it is a loss.
Right, I forgot about the 1-0 loss.

I would not want another 7-6 type game. I want to see the defense... you know.. not suck.

Oct 22, 2012
We do not really believe Budaj is a 7-1-1 goale right? Sure he is overdue for a few losses. Those things do even out over time. Good thing this is a asterisk season.

Budaji has proven that he can win games when the habs come to play. He can be solid and make the timely saves, but he can't be faulted if the habs continue to make it easy to enter and control their zone.

Shortened season has nothing to do with it, he wouldn't get a lot of starts in an 82 game season anyway. He was overplayed in Colorado behind a bad team. No reason he can't do what Emery is doing right now.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Just noticed Weber's in. I hope this doesn't spell the end of our rookie exposure camp. We're supposed to be building for the future, right? No major trades to avoid selling away assets, right? So why not keep giving valuable experience to our future: Beaulieu and - maybe - Tinordi?

We're either in this race to win or we're not. By taking Beaulieu out, it looks like we're doing neither.

Beaulieu in my opinion isn't ready for the NHL to even profit from his experience. He should be with the Dogs.

Of the call ups we've had, he's been exposed the most. I think we should give Pateryn, Tinordi, or even St. Denis a shot.

GoHabsGo76

Fire Bergevin
Apr 16, 2009
Hawthorne, NJ
Going with a few friends. If RDS or anyone shows 3 college aged Habs fans holding a Quebec flag with one Penguins fan and anyone remembers please take a screenshot or something...

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Going with a few friends. If RDS or anyone shows 3 college aged Habs fans holding a Quebec flag with one Penguins fan and anyone remembers please take a screenshot or something...

Have fun! Hope it's a great game to be at (cuz we win). While you're there, ask the Pens faithful to name 3 players playing in tonight's game. They'll probably pull a Rick Perry.

Oct 22, 2012
Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 1m

Michael Ryder – upper body – day-to-day. He will not play tonight.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 1m

Michael Ryder – upper body – day-to-day. He will not play tonight.

Fantastic. Who needs goal scorers anyway?

So Prust takes his place on the Eller line I suppose? And Blunden in?

david999

Jan 21, 2011
I think they should have shown some confidence in Price and play him in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad