Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D Ryan Graves

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
The WJC is over, so let's run our prospect poll again.

WHO IS A PROSPECT:

SKATER PROSPECT: A player 24 or younger with 50 or fewer NHL games.

GOALIE PROSPECT: A player 25 or younger with 25 or fewer NHL games.

EXCEPTION 1: If a player completed the required 50/25 games, but is still not regarded as an NHL regular because he's shuffling between the NHL and the AHL, he could still be a prospect as long as he's 24 or younger and if agreed upon by most people here.

EXCEPTION 2: A player who is no older than 25 years old at the time of the vote and is a borderline NHLer could still count if agreed upon by most people here.

Please vote on who to add to the next round of polling.

GRADUATED OR GONE:

1. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
2. RW Nicklas Jensen
3. RW Robin Kovacs
4. LW Malte Stromwall

Summer 2017 Prospect Poll

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
2. G Igor Shesterkin
3. C Lias Andersson
4. D Anthony DeAngelo
5. C Filip Chytil

SECOND TIER

6. D Alexei Bereglazov
7. D Ryan Graves
8. D Sean Day
9. D Neal Pionk
10. G Adam Huska
11. C/LW Cristoval "Boo" Nieves
12. LW Ryan Gropp
13. G Tyler Wall
14. G Alexandar Georgiev
15. D Sergey Zborovskiy

PROJECTS & SUSPECTS

16. RW Nicklas Jensen
17. LW Tim Gettinger
18. RW Robin Kovacs
19. D Calle Sjalin
20. C Dominik Lakatos
21. RW Ty Ronning
22. D Tarmo Reunanen
23. D Vince Pedrie
24. D Brandon Crawley
25. C Patrik Virta

LONG SHOTS

26. C Gabriel Fontaine
27. G Brandon Halverson
28. C Adam Tambellini
29. C Morgan Barron
30. G Chris Nell

HONORABLE MENTIONS

31. C Steven Fogarty
32. LW Dawson Leedahl
33. D John Gilmour
34. RW Vinni Lettieri
35. C Daniel Catenacci

RANGERS PROPERTY

RW Daniel Bernhardt
LW Malte Stromwall
RW Tyler Nanne

Last edited:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Shesterkin easily for me.

Many good choices to add like Pionk, Huska and Ronning, but Nieves is playing in the NHL and looks like he will stick around permanently. Add Nieves.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I think it's close between Chytil and Shesty in terms of ceiling and potential individual impact. Andersson is the safer of the three to have a long career, imo. I went with Chytil although any of those 3 are a good pick.

Edit: Add Nieves, Vinni L close second.

NYR425

Sep 30, 2005
I voted Andersson, add Day. I just believe his play, heart and emotion during the World Juniors cemented it for me. Even when he is not scoring he stands out on the ice doing the little things that win games. I have a question about the Rangers prospects. I have heard nothing but Chytil this and Chytil that and although I really like him as a prospect can someone please tell me what he did the last 3 games of the World Juniors because I thought he was invisible with a capitol I. If Andersson disappeared like that this board would have imploded. Just saying don't think he is close to Lias Andersson as a prospect.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think most of us would agree there's only three possible names to consider for the top spot, and we all know who the top 3 are. It's simply a matter of what order.

For me, you just can't dispute what Shestyorkin has been doing for the last few years and continues to do. The easy money is on him being our starting goalie for the 2020s.

Goalies are traditionally hard to predict, but this kid is about as close as you're going to find to being a lock to be an NHL goalie.

The only question is just how good he'll be.

SnowFort

Mar 5, 2017
Shesty, add Nieves.

I don’t know what more you can say about him now. Everyone just know how good he is.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Shestyorkin probably deserves the top spot and is clearly the best goalie prospect we’ve had in a long time. It would be shocking if he wasn’t at least a mid-range full time starter in the NHL.

After him it’s Lias for me. He’s shown that he can produce offensively. He can carry the load when he has to. He is a complete player. And his drive to win and to succeed means he will keep improving.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think most of us would agree there's only three possible names to consider for the top spot, and we all know who the top 3 are. It's simply a matter of what order.

For me, you just can't dispute what Shestyorkin has been doing for the last few years and continues to do. The easy money is on him being our starting goalie for the 2020s.

Goalies are traditionally hard to predict, but this kid is about as close as you're going to find to being a lock to be an NHL goalie.

The only question is just how good he'll be.

I think the "goalies are unpredictable" mantra holds true until they have reasonably proven themselves. There are guys like Halverson who don't do anything good, but be big and have some intriguing tools, which gets them drafted very high, so sometimes goalies are more unpredictable because you are judging more on theoretical "potential" than results, but Shestyorkin has been elite for years. He was elite before we drafted him, he's been elite every year since we've drafted him. If he fails in the NHL, it won't be because he was such an unpredictable goalie. He's as safe of a prospect as we've got, while probably also having the highest ceiling in the organization.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
For me it's:
Igor
Chytil
Andersson

Andersson had a decent training camp, good SHL showing so far, and a great WJC. But Chytil made the team out of camp not even 2 weeks after he turned 18, is having a great season in the AHL and had a good showing in the WJC in a bad spot and I think he still has some work to do to get there, but he's got tremendous upside.
Really excited about both of them possibly making the team next season.

Add Boo

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Shesterkin, even though he has been getting grossly misused this season. Add Lettieri

Top 4 are in their own class, drops off to the next level after them. Biggest drop will no doubt be Bereglazov. Biggest gain Lettieri.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad