Prospect Info: #167 G Filip Larsson, Djurgårdens IF U20

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Bummer... Heck of a shot for UMass... 24 Saves on 28 Shots for Larsson

Now we wait and see if Larsson turns pro... I don't think he will, but we'll see

IMO Easily our most important prospect in the system... We need that Big-Time Young Goalie Prospect to pan out, hopefully it's him
Kevin Allen in a HockeyBuzz podcast says word around the league is that the DRW's will sign Larsson soon

edit: oops it was a red & white authority podcast

Last edited:

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
I don't see the Wings signing him yet. JHowww is still signed for another season and Grand Rapids is very full at the moment. Let Larsson dominate a full season in the NCAA first.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I don't see the Wings signing him yet. JHowww is still signed for another season and Grand Rapids is very full at the moment. Let Larsson dominate a full season in the NCAA first.
He already has dominated at the NCAA level. He has nothing to prove there.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

Or let him go to GR, learn the pro game, and get ready to possibly jump to Detroit in two years.

Roy S

May 16, 2009
There’s nothing left for him to do in NCAA. He should go to Grand Rapids at this point.

Reactions: DInTheB

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I think his chances of being a Wing are basically over. Not even in the top Swedish league and will be 24 in the summer.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
I think his chances of being a Wing are basically over. Not even in the top Swedish league and will be 24 in the summer.

His contract ends this season. I don't see any reason why we would extend it. Such a shame, he was so good in the USHL and the NCAA. One shit season in the AHL and it was over...

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
His contract ends this season. I don't see any reason why we would extend it. Such a shame, he was so good in the USHL and the NCAA. One shit season in the AHL and it was over...
No......one devastating injury and your career asperations are over.

Reactions: jaster

ridilon

Sep 14, 2017
No......one devastating injury and your career asperations are over.
Yeah, his groin tear ended his career for good. Still playing in Swedish juniors is an accomplishment for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad