Prospect Info: #166 - Pasquale Zito (C)

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I'm guessing a guy we saw flashes of good play from him in his D-1 and he didn't get a chance to show his improvement without an OHL season.

I like that type of pick, in theory at least. Can't speak to this specific player.

Last edited:

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
He’s a June birthday, so he’s one of the younger guys in the class I imagine

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Oof.

Trash numbers, doubt he would have even been drafted. Throw away/reach pick.

2019-20 was his first year in the OHL as a later birthday. This year he didn’t play because Covid shut down the OHL season.

You really need a crash course in understanding context.

Of course his numbers don’t look great. It’s a “shooting from the hip” pick at its purest form. They saw something intriguing at some point, and they are rolling the dice that there’s a lot more there when he finally gets a real OHL season to play and develop.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Upside is low because hasn't played a game in 1,5 years.... How can you develop as a 16/17 year old? Total wildcard

The upside is the upside. Nobody knows what it is because a majority of the OHL didn’t play.

Saying low upside is pretty over reactionary

spitsfan24

Mar 18, 2017
Windsor Spitfires season ticket holder here.

Early in his rookie season, Zito was rotated in and out of the lineup. Over the course of the season, he earned his way into a full time roster spot, finding himself in the bottom six. He's a bundle of energy every time he hits the ice.

I liked what I saw from him last year, and honestly, if there were a season this past year, I feel his stock would've been a lot higher than it is now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad