Prospect Info: #160 - G Victor Brattström

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
If he goes to Grand Rapids, that probably means that Van Pottelberghe wont get signed and our rights expire. Shame, I wanted to see what this kid could do in Grand Rapids.
CapFriendly says the Wings hold JvP's rights indefinitely. That would definitely be the case if he was drafted out of Switzerland (no transfer agreement) but I'm not sure how it works since he was drafted out of Sweden.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
If he goes to Grand Rapids, that probably means that Van Pottelberghe wont get signed and our rights expire. Shame, I wanted to see what this kid could do in Grand Rapids.
CapFriendly says the Wings hold JvP's rights indefinitely. That would definitely be the case if he was drafted out of Switzerland (no transfer agreement) but I'm not sure how it works since he was drafted out of Sweden.

That's how I remember it as well. Something with his rights changing when he went to Switzerland while they didn't have a transfer agreement.

As for JVP signing, the last mention I recall was around a year ago. When he signed his current contract, he said he still had hopes of reaching the NHL. His contract is a two year, with 21-22 being year #2, so the soonest he could come over is next summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad