16 year old joining adult league

Marty30

Jun 20, 2006
I keep forgetting to try it.

GIMME SOME MORE DIRTY TACTICS

When you are defending someone in front of the net who is trying to screen the goalie, the old slewfoot is always a good one. Make sure the refs are watching the play and not you. This works because when the guy gets up, hes usually pissed you did that and will retaliate, hopefully resultiing in a penalty on him.

Gino 14

Aug 23, 2006
When you are defending someone in front of the net who is trying to screen the goalie, the old slewfoot is always a good one.

Maybe after you get your ass kicked or seriously injure someone you won't think it such a great move. The guys playing senior league have jobs and families to go back to, injuring someone with a cheap ass move like that sucks. Why not just go out and steal candy from little kids if moves like that make you feel good?

yankeecpt15

Apr 30, 2005
CT
I'm a 16 year old who has just signed up for a men's adult league at my local inline rink. My coach says that I'm good enough to handle the play but are there any tips you guys can offer me? Is there a stigma of any kind towards non-adults playing in adult leagues? Thanks

it's called pubic hair so don't stare when your getting dressed

Pog Form

Jan 9, 2009
Toronto, ON
When you are defending someone in front of the net who is trying to screen the goalie, the old slewfoot is always a good one. Make sure the refs are watching the play and not you. This works because when the guy gets up, hes usually pissed you did that and will retaliate, hopefully resultiing in a penalty on him.

Slewfoots are dirty as hell and I don't like doing them. Did one once, a few weeks ago actually. I was playing D, and took out their guy in front of the net while he was waiting for a cross-ice pass. He fell on his ass and the puck zipped by him to the half-wall and we turned it up the ice and ended up scoring. It was a cheap play, so I don't feel good about it, but it helped win us the game, so I can live with it. I wouldn't want it done to me, though, so I don't think I'll be doing it again.

rinkrat22

Jul 27, 2007
Chicago
I like to grab a guy by his hockey pants in the back (where the spine protector is) you have to be close to him so it doesn't look like your reaching.I usually put 1 knee in his butt, and grab his shorts when they try to move the usually just lose their balance and fall, and the ref just usually ignores it.

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
I keep forgetting to try it.

GIMME SOME MORE DIRTY TACTICS

If you have someone pinned against the boards and you're trying to get the puck, you can jam the blade of your stick into the back of his or her knees. They'll go down like a sack of potatoes and you'll get the puck no problem. I don't do it, but I've had it done to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad