May 26, 2011
discord.gg
ien2Vd5.png

Last edited:

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Montreal always gives us fits, and Toronto has a score to settle.

We could easily go 0-2 here.

Reactions: Andy99

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Think the best thing for this team is to continue losing until the deadline so we ship off guys like Letang and Rust and we go into the summer with changes on the horizon.

Hope we lose in an entertaining fashion though. We suck, may as well hope we suck with ~pizzazz~.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Hope we lose in an entertaining fashion though. We suck, may as well hope we suck with ~pizzazz~.

For real. Losing wouldn't even be that terrible if they could at least not be so damnably dull, lifeless and utterly risk-adverse to literally everything involving doing stuff with the puck that isn't rigidly agreed-upon well beforehand. I think most of these guys are try-hards but frankly it's often tough to tell because they simply aren't allowed.

I'm sure guys starting off well here and drying up into wrinkled old prunes is a total coincidence.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
For real. Losing wouldn't even be that terrible if they could at least not be so damnably dull, lifeless and utterly risk-adverse to literally everything involving doing stuff with the puck that isn't rigidly agreed-upon well beforehand. I think most of these guys are try-hards but frankly it's often tough to tell because they simply aren't allowed.

I'm sure guys starting off well here and drying up into wrinkled old prunes is a total coincidence.
I'm not even sure the guys who started this season well have really even changed much. They're just not benefiting from crazy bounces off of defenseman's skates, sticks, or their own teammates asses anymore. :laugh:

I don't think it's a lack of trying. I think these guys are just kinda mediocre, or downright bad. When E-Rod is outclassing basically the entirety of your roster, both in terms of play as well as production, well... Sonny, you got yerself a real shit hockey team. :laugh:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Think the best thing for this team is to continue losing until the deadline so we ship off guys like Letang and Rust and we go into the summer with changes on the horizon.

My concern is a prolonged losing streak will cause this organization to panic and overpay for another mediocre addition. Because nothing says getting things back on track like trading our 1st for another 40 point winger.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
My concern is a prolonged losing streak will cause this organization to panic and overpay for another mediocre addition. Because nothing says getting things back on track like trading our 1st for another 40 point winger.
I'd feel the same way if JR was still manning the ship. I think the directive from ownership on down the line is to tread water until it's abundantly clear the rebuild needs to begin. With that in mind, I don't think Hextall's gonna break from his stance on trying to hold onto futures.

Might be wrong though, we'll see. But I think the approach of the FO makes a lot more sense now that we know ownership's been in serious talks for however long to sell the team, and the deal's just about finalized now. Doesn't make a whole lotta sense to have your FO throwing assets around and doing unpredictable shit when you're trying to find someone to pay a shitload of money for your team.

Reactions: Pancakes

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'd feel the same way if JR was still manning the ship. I think the directive from ownership on down the line is to tread water until it's abundantly clear the rebuild needs to begin. With that in mind, I don't think Hextall's gonna break from his stance on trying to hold onto futures.

Might be wrong though, we'll see. But I think the approach of the FO makes a lot more sense now that we know ownership's been in serious talks for however long to sell the team, and the deal's just about finalized now. Doesn't make a whole lotta sense to have your FO throwing assets around and doing unpredictable shit when you're trying to find someone to pay a shitload of money for your team.

We'll see I guess. Depends on what the new ownership wants. Are they aggressive and want results *now*, or are they patient enough to allow this season to be a retool/re-evaluating one? Also depends how much control/say they have. Some of these ownership transfers take a couple of years for the new guys to have majority ownership.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

I'd like to think that was the last guy and hopefully this lot isn't so stupid/trigger happy/tunnel-visioned that they would shit a first and like Puusy or whoever for some middling player like Zucker, again.

But I've been wrong before.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
We'll see I guess. Depends on what the new ownership wants. Are they aggressive and want results *now*, or are they patient enough to allow this season to be a retool/re-evaluating one? Also depends how much control/say they have. Some of these ownership transfers take a couple of years for the new guys to have majority ownership.
I don't think a buyer looks into purchasing a team several years removed from doing anything relevant, with a ~35 year old core, two of which are on expiring contracts, and expects big time "win now" results off the bat. :laugh: Maybe they do, but if that's the case, boy did they waste like a billion dollars.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I mean it's curly fries then whatever the hell else.

I'm also officially levying a complaint regarding the labeling of tater tots as a type of fry.

Reactions: dogthateats

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sweet potato fries absolutely kick ass.

Shoestrings with bernaise sauce (in honor of our Quebecois posters here) is a personal fave. :D

EDIT: That's probably my 'if I'm going to way of Frank Rizzo' last meal . . . bone in filet and shoe strings with bernaise, then vanilla creme brulee to finish off clogging the arteries so I can get on with the heart attack.

Reactions: dogthateats

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Here's a question for you all: favorite fry condiment?

For me it's malt vinegar by a mile. Ketchup is good too.

Also that list is missing poutine, which is amazing when done well.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I don’t think its fair to include cheese fries and chili cheese fries and probably not tater tots

Steak fries and crinkle cut are absolute F-tier, too. Awful stuff. The Tanner Glass of fries.

Agreed. Goes for garlic fries, too IMO. That's cheating.

You go crinkle cut you'd better just get like... dinosaur shaped tendies as your main course and stick to the kid's menu in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad