|
6th​
|
new
|
32.8​

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
It's tough now. I'd say it's between Jokipakka, Hansson, Lindell, Smith, and Troock. There's probably a couple more I'm missing that could be thrown in there.

It's down to guys with a little bit of higher upside but are younger (Smith, Hansson, Troock, etc) versus older and a little less upside (Jokipakka, Lindell, etc). I guess I'll be going with Jokipakka for the closer to the NHL factor.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I want to say that I do believe that Jokipakka has some upside still left to squeeze out of his game. I wouldn't relegate him to only a future in the bottom pairing if he makes it. It's a long shot admittedly but I can see him progressing into a 2nd pairing guy if he cuts out the occasional bad mistake and continues building his confidence carrying the puck. When I watch him I just feel like that there is something "there".

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Went with Hansson. I really like Lindell's upside, but Hansson's is higher IMO and he impressed me at development camp quite a bit.

MetalGodAOD*

Big bunch up here between Elie, Smith, Joki, and Haanson IMO. I went with Elie last time but the more I think about it I disagree. Going with Joki because he's closest to NHL ready, probably followed by Haanson due to upside being slightly higher than Elie/Smith.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Why does anyone have Gemel Smith in their top 20? I mean sure he's not terrible but I don't see the upside or the floor in comparison to Hansson, Lindell, Troock, Elie, Glennie, Jokipakka, etc.

MetalGodAOD*

Why does anyone have Gemel Smith in their top 20? I mean sure he's not terrible but I don't see the upside or the floor in comparison to Hansson, Lindell, Troock, Elie, Glennie, Jokipakka, etc.

From what I remember, his junior production isn't that different from the Elie/Glennie crowd, he just doesn't have as much size right? I could still seem him being a speedy Ott/Eakin type player, just as much as I could see Elie being a 3rd line Fiddler-type.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

Surprise: people have different opinions

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
We are all disappointed with Glennie, but he still has to be in the top 20 right? He'll likely get a call up or two this season and he has the potential to stick in the bottom six. The kid has wheels and can score. Offensively, he was one of our best prospects in the Calder Cup Playoffs. The only forward prospects who looked better were Ritchie and Ranford. Maybe Faksa too for all-round play, but Faksa's offensive skills are not what Glennie's are. To me Glennie is still a legitimate prospect, and one who is much closer to making the show (even if it's not with us) than a lot of the players still on the polls.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
From what I remember, his junior production isn't that different from the Elie/Glennie crowd, he just doesn't have as much size right? I could still seem him being a speedy Ott/Eakin type player, just as much as I could see Elie being a 3rd line Fiddler-type.

He does have similar production but he earned it as he got older and filled out against then younger, smaller opponents. I hope he follows Glennie's path but at this point he hasn't proven better than Glennie and their upsides as bottom six checking wingers are on par.

If the argument were Elie still has top 6 potential, I could buy that. You could say that about Troock, too. Hansson, Lindell, Sinitsyn maybe becoming 2nd pairing dmen. The odds are getting longer but there's still some growth in their games. I just don't see Smith as a top six winger so I don't understand how he could be ahead of Glennie and the other 4 commom names at this juncture.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
All right, cool. Thanks to everybody for explaining to me how they're coming up with the rankings. Not trying to be a dick or anything, it's just always a super wacky list.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia

He probably has just as much bottom six upside as Glennie. I think he has a decent shot at being a regular NHL player. I don't know if that alone gets him into this organization's top 20 list.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
He probably has just as much bottom six upside as Glennie. I think he has a decent shot at being a regular NHL player. I don't know if that alone gets him into this organization's top 20 list.

I think he's very similar to Glennie but Glennie has at least done it at the AHL level and that should put him ahead of Smith at this juncture. I think both are cheap internal replacements when other players get expensive but I can't see how he would be above him at this juncture, let alone guys who still have middle pair or top six potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille