Post-Game Talk: #16 | Flyers at Blue Jackets | November 15, 2022 | 7:30 PM |

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Good effort after the 1st, but once again plagued throughout by brain-dead mistakes & turnovers.

Really dumb shot selection by Hayes in OT to cause the 3-on-1 winner.

They really need help at center.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They've put up nice numbers the last six games, even with lines getting jumbled.

Note Tippett and Farabee are both playing on their "off" sides, doesn't make sense if the object is to win games, but does make sense if you're evaluating players for future reference.

Farabee has been struggling and is demoted to the third line.
MacEwen has been making things happen, last 6 games xGF 54.64%, xGFrel +4.99, GF/GA 4-3.
Trying to balance out three lines when you don't have enough forwards.

Reactions: JXC

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
L4 is the second longest losing streak in the NHL behind the Sabres at L6.

55 points max. If anyone was fooled by the PDO heater to start the season, you have only yourself to blame. Fool me once, fool me twice, fool me thrice...

55 pts max
Ironically you're fooling yourself if you think they won't find a way to achieve #maximumpain

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
8mtkbaJ.jpg
Great Post by a great human being!

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
how did #9 look, don't have ESPN+ or hulu and I'm not paying extra $$$ to overtly rich cable companies

Boston is gonna be a pisser 😬

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
whether you like him or not, kevin hayes, with his play style, engine, and overall set of skills should never, ever be out there in 3 on 3 ot. EVER.

One turnover can end it, and Hayes has this unique ability to intently stare down a passing lane, see that it is closed and that everyone is focused on him...and then try to force a pass through which works as a direct pass to the other team.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
I had the game on/volume low while working on some home projects so I wasn't really watching much, but... what the f*** is on Torts' face?

Looks like a bad case of herpes, or did get knocked out for being a dick? He does have a very punchable face with that smug look and a very punchable attitude with his smug 'tude.

He looks so crusty. So gross, just like his coaching. In a way, his yucky, crusty face actually encapsulates the entirety of the disgusting and gross incompetence which embodies this entire franchise.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
I had the game on/volume low while working on some home projects so I wasn't really watching much, but... what the f*** is on Torts' face?

Looks like a bad case of herpes, or did get knocked out for being a dick? He does have a very punchable face with that smug look and a very punchable attitude with his smug 'tude.

He looks so crusty. So gross, just like his coaching. In a way, his yucky, crusty face actually encapsulates the entirety of the disgusting and gross incompetence which embodies this entire franchise.
Apparently he was kicked in the face by his horse.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Can’t imagine the amount of pain Torts is in from the horse kicking.

Must hurt like an m’fer. Can’t believe he doesn’t have black eyes. Nose is definitely broken, probably dental damage & a concussion.

Got really lucky it wasn’t worse.

Reactions: FlyerNutter

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hottest goalie in the NHL and Torts elite defensive system is giving up 5 goals a game during this losing streak , such a farce.
Torts is not Hakstol, he doesn't run a defensive oriented system.

He's as advertised, an aggressive forecheck with D-men pinching to maintain pressure in the O-zone, leading to odd man rushes against when it doesn't work, which is why he puts so much stress on back checking, to limit the time those rushes have to make plays.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Hayes turnover in OT was no worse than Konecny's in the 3rd. Both lead directly to goals against.
Just looking at the stats at evolving hockey re takeaways and turn overs. Because this is public data, I will post the cut out.

1668617405312.png

Keep in mind, the per 60 is total time on ice, not total time with the puck on the stick. It's not a total shock that Farabee, TK and Hayes lead the team in giveaways per 60. They carry the puck more than any other player on the team, so the puck is on their sticks for longer than other players. I would like to know if that data exists somewhere @JojoTheWhale I think I've asked this before, but do you know of any site that has time on stick tracking numbers?

Unsurprisingly, Morgan Frost leads the team in both giveaways (that is gives the puck up) and takeaways per 60 by a large number. You can say what you want about his offense, but his defensive play has been extremely strong. He's been very responsible with the puck, last night's turnover withstanding.

Attachments

• 1668617266851.png
    1668617266851.png
    42 KB · Views: 2

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Torts is not Hakstol, he doesn't run a defensive oriented system.

He's as advertised, an aggressive forecheck with D-men pinching to maintain pressure in the O-zone, leading to odd man rushes against when it doesn't work, which is why he puts so much stress on back checking, to limit the time those rushes have to make plays.

He's nothing as you advertised him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad