16 afternoon games this year = poor play

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
The afternoon games actually end up selling out or coming close most of the time, even when the team is awful. They're here to stay and should be, from a business perspective.

It should not be difficult to fix this problem. Have them go to bed earlier, have an 8:00 AM morning skate, have them nap earlier in the day... it's not hard. Figure it out.

Weird. Every afternoon game I have been to this year the place was empty.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
The only game I went to this year was against the Sharks in the early going and it was an afternoon game and yeah, it was pretty empty

They also sent out a letter to STHs saying that the attendance for afternoon games, combined with the massive number of complaints about them from STHs, has made them aware that fans arent thrilled with them.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
They also sent out a letter to STHs saying that the attendance for afternoon games, combined with the massive number of complaints about them from STHs, has made them aware that fans arent thrilled with them.

That's good, here's hoping they follow through and request that the league makes a change with the schedule.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
I am not a fan of afternoon games ☺☻☺

Binghamton has the right amount of afternoon games they have 1 in April that starts @ 3:05 PM.......................

Hockey is a game that should be played at nite, it just is when the games should be played...................

Keep everything the same afternoon games throw the players and fans out of wack..................

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
Hockey players get paid handsomely to show up to eighty-two games. Yes, even the afternoon ones.

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Afternoon games are so lame, as is Melnyk. I miss Saturday night hockey.

However, despite Melnyk and management being idiots and going for profits over success in the standings, it's really on the players.

The Flyers have exactly 16 afternoon games as well this year, and they have a pretty firm grasp on a playoff spot. So there goes your argument that you can either play afternoon games or be successful.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It's 100% on the players and coaching staff.

With so many afternoon games every year (most in the league iirc), we should have the advantage in these games. For the players and coaching staff to piss away that golden opportunity for free points is unacceptable.

hockeycoach

Jan 20, 2006
SenCity
Big Blue and Big Red gets the evening games because their TV numbers demand it.
If it's true and Sens management asked for more afternoon games, fine. I don't like it much, (at all) but they own the team.

The players are the ones who dictate the results, and bottom line they lost the majority of the afternoon games, not because they can't play before 7pm, but because their heads just weren't in it. (I really can't bring myself to say they suck).

The whole year has been terrible, the team play not great, the line juggling and young guys bouncing around has made it hard for players to gel with a their line mates. They're lucky if they have the same line mate 2 games in a row.
Didn't Bobby Ryan say something about that not to long ago?

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
No matter what time the teams plays there should be a consistent effort. Even if the game was at 7 in the morning the team should be playing better than what it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad