Prospect Info: 16-17 Red Wings Mid-Season Prospect Ranking -- #2

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
#1- Evgeny Svechnikov

Chase Pearson is the add. Some of you guys said Nosek should be in here but didn't list him as your add... so maybe next round lol.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Hronek.
Not a knock on cholo, he's just been that good. Spirit suck this year and he is still killing it all while adjusting to the smaller ice.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Sometime soon we need to add a guy who is quietly putting together a good rookie season - Renouf

Rix

Jul 4, 2015
Cholowski, completely based on what I saw at the development camp. The guy looked like a hockey genius which is something this team is really starting to lack in our youth.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Picked Russo, but probably solely because I haven't seen Hronek this year. Aside from him and perhaps Cholo (same issue), I don't think anyone else in the prospect pool is exciting or interesting. Lots of 3rd/4th liners (Bert), 3rd pairings (probably Russo), and career AHLers/floaters.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Cholowski, completely based on what I saw at the development camp. The guy looked like a hockey genius which is something this team is really starting to lack in our youth.

Interesting comment. Too bad I've never seen Cholo on the ice anywhere.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I agree, but then again our prospect pool is the weakest it's been in a while in my opinion.
Maybe, but at least it has more promise on D than it has in a long time (2011-12?). And with a lot of recent promotions a prospect group always looks a little thin.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
Hronek, add Sambrook

Also, I want to like Cholo but I havent seen him play yet and hes either got to produce on the score sheet, look good when I do get the chance to see him play, or have a few other people who do watch him compliment his play. Until then simply being a 1st round pick doesnt cut it, especially for a reletively unknown 1st rounder.

Last edited:

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Hronek, add Sambrook

Also, I want to like Cholo but I havent seen him play yet and hes either got to produce on the score sheet, look good when I do get the chance to see him play, or have a few other people who do watch him compliment his play. Until then simply being a 1st round pick doesnt cut it, especially for a reletively unknown 1st rounder.

Well, he is 2nd in U-19 defensemen scoring in all of NCAA hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad