GDT: #16 - 11/16/21 | canadiens @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Tired of Reaves doing all that talk and no bite. He is not washed up like Brashear was and even Brashear fought, so I don’t know what his issue is.

I think the issue is he doesn't want to get a penalty as an instigator in a tie game or 1 goal game and put the other team on the PP. Reaves is tough guy but not stupid. Things may have been different is it was a 3 goal game. Who knows?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Could you imagine a world where our #1 and #2 pick score goals in back to back games?

255F4869-B5AB-40D6-A2E2-40CA57404399.gif

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Your problem is you’re not looking past the grit and toughness he brings. He a legit smart hockey player who knows how to keep the puck in the opposing zone. Every time he has the puck he makes a smart simple play with it. No he’s not like Fox but he has different smarts which has made him valuable for so long. When was the last time you saw Reaves make an actual dumb play? Or take a dumb penalty? He knows “the right way” to play as a 4th line grinder even if he doesn’t have the skill or speed. That’s why he’s still in the league at 35 years old while there are countless enforcers and grinders who have similar size and strength in the AHL and ECHL
I have no problem at all. I just don't see "fantastic"

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Reaves has been the best NYR enforcer acquisition* since Mike Rupp, and maybe even since Colton Orr.

Now admittedly the bar is pretty low on that count but I'm thankful. Asham, Brashear, Boogaard, Shelley and Glass were all pretty useless.

Reactions: bleedblue94

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I’d like to see Kakko score on an actual wrist shot.

Also side note- has anyone else noticed the decline of the slap shot in the NHL? It’s pretty much only used on one timers now. Wrist shots from the point have taken over for their deflection potential and players rarely cock back with the intention of beating the goalie clean anymore.
Blais slammed a slapper off the cross bar from pretty close in against the Devils. I don't think it was one timer, maybe it was off a drop pass though, not sure. Either way I was like wth is this guy doing from 10-15 feet out lol

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Reaves has been the best NYR enforcer acquisition* since Mike Rupp, and maybe even since Colton Orr.

Now admittedly the bar is pretty low on that count but I'm thankful. Asham, Brashear, Boogaard, Shelley and Glass were all pretty useless.

That line of Prust-Anisimov-Shelley brings back memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad