Prospect Info: 158th Overall Philippe Daoust C, Wildcats, QMJHL

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
he scored two tonight the day after his 19th birthday so it was his flu game :sarcasm:

I live in Moncton so even if I am not a Sens fan I really hope this kid makes it. Smart player was surprise he got drafted but he was clearly a good gamble.

2g 1a and 1st star of the game

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Daoust was only 5'3 at 15 years old

For that reason he didn't get drafted for the OHL

Born in Barrie. His family was from Sudbury

Went to high school and kindergarten with Alec Belanger (67's)

Well shit, thats about all I need to go on. Im officially on the Dauost train. And hes got all the hallmarks of a Sens late rising diamond in the rough draft pick, like Pinto and many others before him.

Reactions: aragorn and guyzeur

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Looking really good this year. Don’t forget about Daoust. Excited to see him get to the AHL.

JMACole

Jun 27, 2020
PEI
Huge improvement this year. 29 points in 58 games last season, 28 points in 21 games this season. Nice to see! Guessing he will be on the B-Sens next year.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Played in his first (preseason) AHL game tonight in a 5-3 win over Laval

1 goal
1 assist
3 shots
+2

don’t know much about him, heard his skating and speed is the big improvement he needs to make to be an NHL player but another intriguing prospect in the system

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
don’t know much about him, heard his skating and speed is the big improvement he needs to make to be an NHL player but another intriguing prospect in the system
He looked very good in the scrimmage (and preseason?) games he played.

Reactions: God Says No

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Junior will be pointless for him, he will develop much better in the AHL, he is definitely ready for the pro game.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Any word on where he is going? According to eliteprospects he is still unsigned and with the Sens on a tryout contract. He played the last pre-season game and appeared to do well but remains unsigned as the B-Sens begin their season tomorrow. I take that as he is going back to Moncton?

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Any word on where he is going? According to eliteprospects he is still unsigned and with the Sens on a tryout contract. He played the last pre-season game and appeared to do well but remains unsigned as the B-Sens begin their season tomorrow. I take that as he is going back to Moncton?

He's starting in Belleville on an ATO. I guess they'll see how it goes from there.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I think we got something there. He looked real good at the rookie tourney before he got hurt.

Reactions: Deku

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad