Prospect Info: #158 - Patrick Kudla

BRayne

May 5, 2011
I like the politics of this.
ASU can now say they have a NHL prospect in their program

Point of information, ASU already had three NHL drafted prospects who will be playing next season. Also I'm surprised that the Coyotes took Kudla for this situation while Pasichnuk went undrafted.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If this was a political pick I hate it, yeah it's a late rounder but you still take someone you think can be a player. If they truly believe he may be a late bloomer then cool.

Won't even be at ASU until 17-18, purely political pick.

I wasn't political. Where do you guys dream this stuff up?

Don't worry it wasn't and any inference that it was is either an attempt at humor or nothing but COMPLETE ignorance. This game is a serious business and to suggest otherwise is a joke.

Exactly. Complete ignorance.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
How does anyone possibly think that drafting a 20yo minor junior player is anything but political?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
How does anyone possibly think that drafting a 20yo minor junior player is anything but political?

Maybe if you don't know what minor junior is?

It's a political thing. They'll hand him off to Mike Van Ryn and see how much he can improve him before he hits ASU in 17-18. Literal olive branch from the Coyotes to ASU.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
This draft seemed incredibly weak after the top 90 or so. I'm not expecting anything out of our picks beyond Keller, Chychrun, and Dineen. The other 2 seem to be incredible long shots/whatever picks. Obviously DeAngelo could amount to something as well.

Crottenham

Jul 14, 2011
Apparently he's only played defense for two years. Pretty much a pandering pick, bye w/e

You boys should really learn something....Patrick is an elite skater, with an elite shot.

He was my son's D partner with the Blades this past season, I watched him a lot and his offensive instincts for a D-man are special. Given this was his first full season as a defenceman he'll be the first to tell you he has a lot to learn about playing in his own end, but which prospect doesn't?

He was a mid-round OHL pick in his minor midget year as a forward, albeit at 5'9".

He is now 6'3" and had multiple NCAA D1 offers this past season (guess you guys also believe NCAA schools just throw around offers?)....he was a first round pick of the USHL Dubuque Fighting Saints and will be playing there this upcoming season.

A good number of NHL teams pick kids their second or third time eligible, the Leafs got two kids this past June in the same cohort as Patrick.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
You boys should really learn something....Patrick is an elite skater, with an elite shot.

He was my son's D partner with the Blades this past season, I watched him a lot and his offensive instincts for a D-man are special. Given this was his first full season as a defenceman he'll be the first to tell you he has a lot to learn about playing in his own end, but which prospect doesn't?

He was a mid-round OHL pick in his minor midget year as a forward, albeit at 5'9".

He is now 6'3" and had multiple NCAA D1 offers this past season (guess you guys also believe NCAA schools just throw around offers?)....he was a first round pick of the USHL Dubuque Fighting Saints and will be playing there this upcoming season.

A good number of NHL teams pick kids their second or third time eligible, the Leafs got two kids this past June in the same cohort as Patrick.

Thanks for this.

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
Good info, thanks. We look forward to seeing him at ASU.

I don't know how much time the Coyotes spend scouting ASU, but there should be ample opportunity to evaluate their pick.

Crottenham

Jul 14, 2011
You're welcome to those who found my input helpful...Good luck to the ASU Hockey team as they build their program and to the Yotes, given the gift the Maple Leafs received in Auston Matthews; here's to hoping more elite athletes in the Valley choose hockey given NHL hockey in their proximity!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad