Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Position: D
Height: 6'3
Weight: 174
Shoots: L
Birthday: 4-2-96

ASU commit

The 6-foot-3, 174-pound defenseman is widely considered to be a professional talent in the future. The Ontario-area native plays for the Oakville Blades of the Ontario Junior Hockey League and has tallied 26 points in 16 games, 23 of those being assists.

Kudla is a playmaker who facilitates and sets up his teammates on the power play. This season, the Sun Devils have had success with freshman defenseman Joey Raats, who has racked up points by assisting others.

In the 2014-2015 season with the Guelph Hurricanes of the Greater Ontario Junior Hockey League, Kudla tallied 61 points in 48 games.

The commitment is also significant for ASU head coach Greg Powers, who has recruited heavily in the USHL and BCHL in the Midwest, but tapped into an eastern league to get Kudla, who is expected to make an immediate impact.

http://www.statepress.com/article/2015/11/patrick-kudla-commits-to-asu-hockey

The Guelph, Ontario native played in all key situations for the Blades this season, getting off to a hot start by being named the OJHL Gongshow Gear South-West Conference Player-of-the-Month for October, and never looked back leading all defencemen in scoring during the season with 53 assists and 66 points in 50 games played. Kudla's 53 assists also topped all OJHL players this season, four more than scoring champion Luc Brown; and was the tenth best total by a defenceman in league history. Tied for seventh in the overall league scoring race, also third on the Blades, the OJHL 1st Team All-Star commanded the league's third best power play and again led all players with 25 power play assists, while finishing second with 29 power play points. Not one to shy away from the physical aspect of the game, Kudla also led Oakville and tied for 14th in the OJHL with 86 penalty minutes.

Kudla's early season play and Player-of-the-Month Award earned him a spot on Team OJHL Hawerchuk at the 2015 Eastern Canada Cup All-Star Challenge that took place in Cornwall, Ontario, where he registered two points in four games played. Originally selected by the Plymouth Whalers in the 11th round, 221st overall of the 2012 OHL Priority Selection, Kudla confirmed his commitment this season to join the NCAA Division I, Arizona State University Sun Devils (currently independent) beginning with the 2017-18 season.

http://oakvilleblades.pointstreaksites.com/view/oakvilleblades/news-1081/news_444145

Last edited:

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I'm okay with this pick - obvious late bloomer that could be a bust, but I'm of the belief that given the chance some of these guys could pan out.

Edit: I should say "potential" late bloomer.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Serious bromance between ASU and AZ Coyotes

28i82gk.png

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
If this was a political pick I hate it, yeah it's a late rounder but you still take someone you think can be a player. If they truly believe he may be a late bloomer then cool.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
It could be a variation that blends Tippalytics with Chayka's data points. Or, perhaps an experimental pick using a different set of data points in Chayka's own system. It's a 6th rounder, so worth trying something new.

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
It's an acknowledgement that round 6 is silly business that no one really expects to amount to much.

But whatever, good for ASU and I'm sure this young man is thrilled.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Won't even be at ASU until 17-18, purely political pick.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
If this was a political pick I hate it, yeah it's a late rounder but you still take someone you think can be a player. If they truly believe he may be a late bloomer then cool.

Don't worry it wasn't and any inference that it was is either an attempt at humor or nothing but COMPLETE ignorance. This game is a serious business and to suggest otherwise is a joke.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Don't worry it wasn't and any inference that it was is either an attempt at humor or nothing but COMPLETE ignorance. This game is a serious business and to suggest otherwise is a joke.

Political picks happen all the time, last year New York took some nobody who played in some random high school league because he was Chinese. At least this isn't that bad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad