|
6th​
|
|
68.5​

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Personally I rate Lindell ahead of Hansson. The Stars are already planning on bringing Lindell to the AHL at the end of this upcoming Finnish League season so he's a guy they have a high priority on. Yes Lindell is older, but he's proven more commensurate with his age and played at a higher level of competition.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I went with Lindell. I was very impressed with his play at the WJC. I rate him and Hansson closely, but since I have seen Lindell I am going with him.

I am not high on Mckenzie. He was not good in the AHL playoffs from what I saw. Not fast or skilled enough to become more than a fourth liner IMO.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
That said I'm going with Jokipakka here. He's still growing as a player and he's not NHL ready yet, but he's quite close, likely the next guy after Nemeth who's going to be ready. There were several games during the Calder Cup run when he was Texas' best defender. The group here of Jokipakka/McKenzie/Elie/Lindell/Hansson is very very close though. I was torn in a couple of different directions before deciding on JJ.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
There are going to be some really good prospects that miss the cut. That's so exciting for our future.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Sinitsyn. Beast in the making.

I'm carrying that torch, Laty. The Torch of Sinitsyn.

I like you two.

That said I'm going with Jokipakka here. He's still growing as a player and he's not NHL ready yet, but he's quite close, likely the next guy after Nemeth who's going to be ready. There were several games during the Calder Cup run when he was Texas' best defender. The group here of Jokipakka/McKenzie/Elie/Lindell/Hansson is very very close though. I was torn in a couple of different directions before deciding on JJ.

That said, I'm in agreement with piqued here. Sinitsyn is too far away to be considered over JJ, Hansson, and Lindell. Add in Elie, McKenzie, G. Smith, etc. and I just don't see him making the top 20, as much as I want him to.

There are going to be some really good prospects that miss the cut. That's so exciting for our future.

This. It's amazing to see, compared to how dry it used to be not even 3-4 years ago.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
This. It's amazing to see, compared to how dry it used to be not even 3-4 years ago.
I've been thinking about this a bit and the shocking amount of talent currently in the system really boils down to one fact: The Stars made a strategic decision to stop throwing away their draft picks for marginal gains during the season. The years of consistently having fewer than the allotted complement of selections are hopefully over. Sure, sometimes you can still sometimes come away with a special draft using less picks (2009 only had 5 picks: Glennie, Chiasson, R. Smith, Vincour, McKenzie, all of which will play in the NHL and at least 2 of which will be regular NHLers) it's just not the norm at all..

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
I honestly think McKenzie would be a top5 prospect in our system if this were 2008/2009. It's unreal to think.

Gemel Smith put up 75 points and won't even be an afterthought. Lol. Speaking of him, does he have 1 more year left in the CHL?

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
I honestly think McKenzie would be a top5 prospect in our system if this were 2008/2009. It's unreal to think.

Gemel Smith put up 75 points and won't even be an afterthought. Lol. Speaking of him, does he have 1 more year left in the CHL?

Nope. AHL for him.

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
I'd like to see a line of:

Smith - Faksa - Stransky

I think that his quick, tenacious style would compliment the Czechs really well.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Why in the world would I have meant Joe Morrow? I mean Mac as a player with the style of a Brenden Morrow. I don't think he'll hit 30 goals either, but to have him below guys like Ully (Who I absolutely ****ing love) makes no sense to me.

I do this crap every offseason, and I still don't ever really get an answer.

How is everybody grading here? Is this a favorite's ranking? Is this a highest ceiling list? Players you think are most NHL ready? Like their name? I never understand.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Why in the world would I have meant Joe Morrow? I mean Mac as a player with the style of a Brenden Morrow. I don't think he'll hit 30 goals either, but to have him below guys like Ully (Who I absolutely ****ing love) makes no sense to me.

How is everybody grading here? Is this a favorite's ranking? Is this a highest ceiling list? Players you think are most NHL ready? Like their name? I never understand.

I rate them by their swag.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I think everyone has their own granding system instead of one uniform one. So they rank guys based on ceiling, floor, nhl readiness, jr points, name or whatever. Whoever they think is the best for a certain position in their opinion and preference of ranking. So while you value one attribute over another making a certain guy ranked highly, most might not value that attribute. The list is "flawed" since there is no uniform ranking criteria, but gives a nice look at how the boards rank our prospects. It's never going to be a perfect list, somebody's always going to think that there is something wrong with it.

Anyway, thia summer is getting veeeery long. Can hockey just please start?

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston

I'm ranking them by what I predict their overall NHL contribution to be. I have McKenzie lower than you because I think skating and hockey sense will hold him back from the NHL.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW

Well when you said "if we had a guy like Morrow who's waiting to prove himself in the NHL", that can be 100% translated to Joe Morrow.

It appears that you were referring to McKenzie's style of play, but it's not like I drew it out of thin air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad