OT: 15 dead after crash between junior hockey team bus, truck in Saskatchewan: RCMP

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I am a Bronco.

My heart and prayers go out to those families.

Today I am hugging my hockey playing sons a little harder and a lot more.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Terrible day in the hockey world , the death toll has now climbed to 15 .

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Most people here probably played rep league hockey when they were young going on bus trips, or have young kids who do now. Made me hug my son a little harder last night, you just never know. Those poor parents who never got to say goodbye.

Every single time, Mom met me on the way out door with the same line: "Play hard, play smart, be safe", then sat up nervous until we got home. Even once I had moved out, the same call or text timed for departure before leaving residence for a road game, then needing an update after.

I always gave her a hard time about the worrying. Never again, my heart absolutely breaks for those parents, each with their own pre-game rituals and special parent child relationships, each with their worst fears realized. I simply can't imagine what they are going through

Reactions: Raging Bull

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
As a Father, I grieve. As a hockey coach, I grieve some more.

My heartfelt condolences to everyone involved with the Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team!

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Driving is so dangerous.
So sad.
Bus vs Large truck crash.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
I'm still devastated by this. I read the story last night (korean time) and seeing it in the news and following the story - it's still breaking my heart.

gtforepro

Feb 9, 2013
Toronto
NoDepositBonus.cc
Look at the picture. Look where the vehicles ended up. The truck driver ran a stop sign. f*** that guy. He should be in jail.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 9.22.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 9.22.18 AM.png
    321 KB · Views: 45

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Look at the picture. Look where the vehicles ended up. The truck driver ran a stop sign. **** that guy. He should be in jail.

The truck, which had a trailer and a pup trailer, was t-boned by the bus. The front of the truck isn't damaged. Now the question is, did the trucker miss the stop sign? Truck brakes don't usually fail outright, but can give a reduced level of performance. He could of also been going through the intersection when he suffered a problem. Missed a shift, blew a turbo, etc. The momentum of the debris would suggest a lot of force going in the direction the truck did. Is that from the velocity it was going or just the mass of the truck with it's 30 tires giving it traction way beyond what the bus could? I've seen some trucks ...and drivers in incredibly poor condition. I knew one trucker who drank so much, as soon as he got out of jail, the cops set-up a ride program out in the middle of no-where because they knew he'd be coming, and coming in drunk. He had two driver's licenses, so he took off to the Prairies to work. I've also been ran off the highway by a tour bus operator. There's a lot of factors that could
be to blame.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
As a human being, this is just a horrible tragedy. You don't even need any connection to it to feel that emotion and emptiness, hearing of those young men killed before they could live a long and full life.

As a parent with a young boy in hockey, it just really cuts to the core. Having to explain this to my 7 yr old boy . . . cripes, it is not easy.

Nothing we can say or do can ever replace a child being ripped away from you.
I have no words.

gtforepro

Feb 9, 2013
Toronto
NoDepositBonus.cc
The truck, which had a trailer and a pup trailer, was t-boned by the bus. The front of the truck isn't damaged. Now the question is, did the trucker miss the stop sign? Truck brakes don't usually fail outright, but can give a reduced level of performance. He could of also been going through the intersection when he suffered a problem. Missed a shift, blew a turbo, etc. The momentum of the debris would suggest a lot of force going in the direction the truck did. Is that from the velocity it was going or just the mass of the truck with it's 30 tires giving it traction way beyond what the bus could? I've seen some trucks ...and drivers in incredibly poor condition. I knew one trucker who drank so much, as soon as he got out of jail, the cops set-up a ride program out in the middle of no-where because they knew he'd be coming, and coming in drunk. He had two driver's licenses, so he took off to the Prairies to work. I've also been ran off the highway by a tour bus operator. There's a lot of factors that could
be to blame.

A facebook friend who lives near there heard that the truck driver said he missed the stop sign because of the sun. 5 pm westbound on the prairies...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad