GDT: [#15] Dallas Stars @ Florida Panthers 6:00 PM CST (FS-SW) Round 3

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
I didn't think Dowling was that bad tonight :popcorn:

It's an interesting decision to have him out there late in the game sure but he wasn't terrible tonight
Yeah I guess there aren’t too many better options at the moment. Which is really sad

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well good thing i aparently missed a late third period meltdown.

Last edited:

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Doesn’t get much more frustrating than that one but for having there 3 top forwards out they played a really good game for 50 minutes . I feel bad for otter though , he’s played so good but the team always collapses on him in the 3rd .

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
There are so many mitigating factors this "season" outside of the team itself that i can excuse Miro's play. We ALL know the kid is legit and one of the best young D in the league regardless of these last 10 games. I hate the "what have you done for me lately" mindset people throughout HF has anytime players hit a slump. Let talk Jamie "cement in my skates", "I left my heart in 2018" Benn instead of Miro. I would ship his ass out in a nano second if i could but that contract is a damn boat anchor. Additionally Otter (not that one) has got to make the big saves, those goals were soft af!

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
There are so many mitigating factors this "season" outside of the team itself that i can excuse Miro's play. We ALL know the kid is legit and one of the best young D in the league regardless of these last 10 games. I hate the "what have you done for me lately" mindset people throughout HF has anytime players hit a slump. Let talk Jamie "cement in my skates", "I left my heart in 2018" Benn instead of Miro. I would ship his ass out in a nano second if i could but that contract is a damn boat anchor. Additionally Otter (not that one) has got to make the big saves, those goals were soft af!
I agree with the first part , but I don’t blame otter for those goals . He was heavily screened on the first 2 and nobody was there to clean the rebound out . The 3rd goal was a nice shot over the glove and not many goalies are stopping that .The kid has been awesome .

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Miro is going to be a bargain if he keeps playing like this.

I can't see Miro getting huge extension in this global pandemic situation.

And why let me tell.
NHL will lose 1 billion USD of their annual revenue this season ( Bettman has self said that )
and when you share that loss for 31 teams it will get really salty for all.

So if Nill has any brain-cells left he signs Miro 2 yrs bridge deal 2 to 3 million salary per season.
Now isn't good time to start waste money for big contract extensions.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013

And why let me tell.
NHL will lose 1 billion USD of their annual revenue this season ( Bettman has self said that )

So if Nill has any brain-cells left he signs Miro 2 yrs bridge deal 2 to 3 million salary per season.

Oh come on. I get the bridge idea and it might be the way to go in this global situation, but even in this crisis Heiskanen isn’t signing a bridge at sub $3mil :laugh:

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013

And why let me tell.

Oh come on. I get the bridge idea and it might be the way to go in this global situation, but even in this crisis Heiskanen isn’t signing a bridge at sub $3mil :laugh:

To elaborate on this I would bet that if Miro signs 2-3 year bridge it will fall in the $4,8-5,5mil range.
There were many contracts signed in the middle of the pandemic, with the knowledge that there would be losses.
For example:
Sergachev // $4,8mil x 3
Deangelo // $4,8mil x 2
Barzal // $7mil x 3

The young defenders are in the range of the ones even before the pandemic,
Werenski $5mil x3
Nurse $5,6mil x2
McAvoy $4,9mil x3

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia

And why let me tell.

So if Nill has any brain-cells left, and Miro's agent has none, he signs Miro 2 yrs bridge deal 2 to 3 million salary per season.

FIFY

Reactions: Satan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad