Blue Jays GDT: ('14 v9) Next Game: vs StL|Jun 7|1pm ET/10am PT| Miller vs Buehrle

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DatsyukianDeke*

He's a knuckleballer. You do realize simple things like temperature, rainy weather (such as today) can throw him off. It's about the grip and the release. Of course they are inconsistent.

I said he's inconsistent, you guys keep saying "7 Quality Starts". I am simply showing he isn't that good and he is in fact inconsistent.

DatsyukianDeke*

Not sure what's funny. Look it up. Very insightful post btw.

Saying a knuckleballer is inconsistent is like saying Kershaw is a good pitcher.

Wasn't meant to be insightful, it was a good laugh for me truthfully.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I said he's inconsistent, you guys keep saying "7 Quality Starts". I am simply showing he isn't that good and he is in fact inconsistent.

Read my posts again. He's a knuckleballer, they are obviously inconsistent. But 7 straight QS recently is great. Everyone will have bad days.

But he is good. You point out last years stats to show he is currently inconsistent, why do I care how he performed last year? But he got off to a horrible start and 4.21 ERA isn't terrible. Especially in this division

DatsyukianDeke*

Read my posts again. He's a knuckleballer, they are obviously inconsistent. But 7 straight QS recently is great. Everyone will have bad days.

But he is good. You point out last years stats to show he is currently inconsistent, why do I care how he performed last year? But he got off to a horrible start and 4.21 ERA isn't terrible. Especially in this division

I measure his time played as a Jay, I am not cherry picking his "7 Quality starts" to prove my point.

weems

Jul 3, 2008

When you look at the big picture (47 or so starts with the Jays) he really hasnt been "good".

A 4 ERA 1.25+ whip pitcher isnt all that good to me.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
When you look at the big picture (47 or so starts with the Jays) he really hasnt been "good".

A 4 ERA 1.25+ whip pitcher isnt all that good to me.

I've accepted him as our 5th best pitcher, he's not good but not useless

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
He has been our most reliable RP this year. RP seem to be so volatile throughout the league. I guess thats why teams are scared to give big money to some of them.

Good job Loup, keep up the good work.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm not sure I would trust Dickey pitching Game 5/7 in the playoffs, but to say he isn't good, just isn't true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad