Blue Jays GDT: ('14 v8) Next Game: @ Det|Jun 4|7pm ET/4pm PT|Dickey vs Porcello

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Ditto. Case of you don't appreciate what you've got till it's gone. Scrolling through other teams, you'd be hard pressed to find 3-4 quality relievers on each team. Most teams have the 1-2 combo and a bunch meh.

Not just that but keep in mind many relievers are inconsistent. They could be great elsewhere and suck when they get here. I rarely trust relievers year to year (Cecil and Janssen have earned my complete trust), let alone game to game.

On a side note, Janssen is amazing. To think, we brought Santos in to be our closer

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Anyone know the reason for Gibby to flip flop EE and Lind in the order all the time? Tonight Lind is 4th and EE 5th. It seems like there is no rhyme or reason to the constant flopping. I am sure there is a reason, it's just not apparent to me at this time.

No clue. Serious question, does he switch depending on if it's a righty or lefty on the mound? I like the whole switch hitter-switch hitter-righty-lefty-righty for late in the game. What a great top 5-6 in our order. I also love Gose at 9. Come to think of it Navarro is great behind the plate, such a complete lineup this year. But what do we do with Rasmus?

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Anyone know the reason for Gibby to flip flop EE and Lind in the order all the time? Tonight Lind is 4th and EE 5th. It seems like there is no rhyme or reason to the constant flopping. I am sure there is a reason, it's just not apparent to me at this time.

Whenever there is a righty on the mound they split up Lind/Francisco so a lefty would have to pitch to EE later on in the game if they decide to bring in a reliever to knock those guys out. The little quirks of baseball I guess. Lind is also good at getting on base against righties so it adds another potential baserunner for EE to cash in.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
No clue. Serious question, does he switch depending on if it's a righty or lefty on the mound? I like the whole switch hitter-switch hitter-righty-lefty-righty for late in the game. What a great top 5-6 in our order. I also love Gose at 9. Come to think of it Navarro is great behind the plate, such a complete lineup this year. But what do we do with Rasmus?

Haha, when Colby comes back he'd be hitting 8th and Navarro hitting 9th. That's obscene! :amazed: It's a tough choice, though, I love what Gose brings to this lineup.

MorrisSmit89

Mar 20, 2014

Depends on matchups.. I think it was last night that Gibbons said he put EE 4th and Lind 5th because Francisco wouldn't be able to provide EE protection against a certain pitcher..

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Whenever there is a righty on the mound they split up Lind/Francisco so a lefty would have to pitch to EE later on in the game if they decide to bring in a reliever to knock those guys out. The little quirks of baseball I guess. Lind is also good at getting on base against righties so it adds another potential baserunner for EE to cash in.

But last night there was a righty on the mound too. Why last night is different from tonight? Last night they had EE 4th, Lind 5th, Lawrie 6th, Francisco 7th. I guess it is something to do with matchups against individual pitchers.

mikebel111*

I didnt know this stat
The starters had 13 wins at same time last season, this year 28.
Wow

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I wonder what the over/under is for woodwork posters coming into the GDT once Dickey hits a snag during an inning. Always seems to be the case.

mikebel111*

I wonder what the over/under is for woodwork posters coming into the GDT once Dickey hits a snag during an inning. Always seems to be the case.

It wont be me. No complaints with Dickey this season. Get a little annoyed with walks but that is same for any of our pitchers

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
image.php

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
THAT'S GONE! MELKY CABRERA LEADS OF WITH A HOMER!!!

Can't ask for a better lead off to the game :laugh:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

lol i'd bet the bank on it :nod:

hm. Torii Hunter..... used to play.....i want to say Minnisota right? And they called him spiderman? (superman?)

DatsyukianDeke*

I think Francisco is going to struggle hitting Porcello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad