Blue Jays GDT: ('14 v8) Next Game: @ Det|Jun 4|7pm ET/4pm PT|Dickey vs Porcello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Happ has been solid last few starts but we all know the guy is garbage. Showing himself off tonight.

We need another starter. End of story

If we're serious about making the playoffs then, yes I agree. If we're in contention by the all star break, there's no doubt in my mind that AA will nab a decent starter (#3 or better).

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Question. That last pitch(well it was like 4 or 5 pitches ago by now) got fouled off Kratz and went up in the air, if that stayed in play and Krazt(or anyone else for that matter) caught it is that an out?

I'm thinking no because it has to go 6 feet in the air before hitting Kratz for it to be a foul out.

If it was the 3rd strike and it bounced off Krazt back to the mound and Happ caught it is that considered a strikeout? Does the catcher have to catch the 3rd strike foul tip or can someone else catch it for him after a wild bounce off of Kratz?

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009
If we're serious about making the playoffs then, yes I agree. If we're in contention by the all star break, there's no doubt in my mind that AA will nab a decent starter (#3 or better).

Not sure the price is worth it. The price for "#3 or better" would be extremely high.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Navarro
Tolleson
Kratz
Pillar

Not gonna cut it. Don't give a **** about lefties and righties.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
They seem to be swinging at a lot of junk.

It's Jason Vargas guys, not Verlander or Kershaw.

The let down is generally staggering with this team. Play off teams get out of the funk where, historically, the Jays would promptly give back all they gained during a winning streak. It really wouldn't surprise me if they went on a 4-5 game losing streak.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Aoki might have gotten an inside the park homerun on that so thank you short fence.

He was already at 2nd when the camera angle came back to the field immediately after the ball went over the fence, dude is fast.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Happ is not good. Take him out.

yes lets take him out so we tax the pen a little more. He might not be having his best start but he's pitches better than Hutch, Dickey did in their last starts and if he doesn't give up another run as good as Buerhle. It's just exaggerated because the offense hasn't score a run yet.

You can't just take your starter out in the 5th at 70 pitches because he's given up 3 runs, why do you think the pen was so **** at the start of the season? They were overworked because most of the starters weren't getting through 5 innings.

If you want him out of the rotation that's a different story, I'd disagree with you there as ell as he's pitched well enough this season to warrent the spot but it'd at least be a little sensible.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah. I was hoping those meh outings from the pitching was just a blip on the radar.

Now though? I don't think the offense can carry them if it extends. the Rangers played that game for a good part of the 2000's and it never worked.

Still, Happ has at least kept this within reach.

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
A quality start is all you can ask of a pitcher. 6 innings and 3 runs is a quality start

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
yay, a run! woop.
hmm. are they going to walk Edwin, and deal with lawrie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad