Blue Jays GDT: ('14 v6) Next Game: Vs TB|May 27|7pm ET/4pm PT| Cobb vs Buehrle

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
ooh! and DFA means designated for assignment, right? that one I know :laugh:
so Loup is playing now because we're up by a few - and Hutch was having bad control (hence the walks and the runs he let in the 5th) :nod) if we can hold them, we don't see Janseen - Loup can get the...save, right?

I.... think so? The save rule gets kind of fuzzy past the one clause that is the most familiar (enter the game in the 9th with a lead of 3 runs or less, and finish the game without coughing up the lead). But according to the rulebook you can earn a save if you enter teh game with the lead, pitch at least 3 innings, not cough up said lead, and finish the game.

Won't happen though. Loup pretty much never goes more than 2 innings.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I have no idea wtf he was doing last year, maybe it was arrogance because of all the talent we had but he's been a totally different manager this year. He's ****ing using his head and actually thinking of a game plan and acting like a manager instead of just sitting there with his mouth full of tobacco, his right hand in his pant and the other holding a diet coke. (Yeah I know too many details) lol

His bullpen was still strong. There just wasn't a lot he could have done considering players were playing well below expectations and there were injuries.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Offense needed a game like tonight after being essentially kept in check by a good A's pitching staff.

Says something about the makeup of this team that they still managed to sweep the A's despite that.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
His bullpen was still strong. There just wasn't a lot he could have done considering players were playing well below expectations and there were injuries.

Well that's true, no one expected them to be that bad. Plus Reyes being gone for nearly half the year hurt the team. Speaking of Reyes, I love having two absolute speed burners in the line-up with him and Gose. This team has a great mix of everything.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I.... think so? The save rule gets kind of fuzzy past the one clause that is the most familiar (enter the game in the 9th with a lead of 3 runs or less, and finish the game without coughing up the lead). But according to the rulebook you can earn a save if you enter teh game with the lead, pitch at least 3 innings, not cough up said lead, and finish the game.

Won't happen though. Loup pretty much never goes more than 2 innings.

there are 3 ays to get a save aren't there?

The conventional pitch an inning or more with a 3 run lead or less. Finish the game holding the lead.

The finish the game pitching 3 or more innings holding the lead that the team had when you came in.

And the come into the game with the tying run on deck, on base, or hitting and finish the game holding the lead.

At least IIRC that's the 3, I may be forgetting something.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
JnWTKRQ.gif

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
This is like if i learned to hit in MLB 14: The Show, except better.

Just kidding, i'll never learn to hit in those games.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Well that's true, no one expected them to be that bad. Plus Reyes being gone for nearly half the year hurt the team. Speaking of Reyes, I love having two absolute speed burners in the line-up with him and Gose. This team has a great mix of everything.

This is what AA imagined last year with Bonifacio and Reyes. Although I will say Rajai Davis did an admirable job.

Differences this year:

Reyes healthy and hitting
Gose doing what Bonifacio should have been doing
Hutchison pitching the way JJ should have
Dickey having an ERA below 4
Buerhle having 8 wins

And the biggest difference:

Seitzer being an actual hitting coach with a game plan and teaching ability, none of this Chad Mottola or Murphy nonsense.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
This is what AA imagined last year with Bonifacio and Reyes. Although I will say Rajai Davis did an admirable job.

Differences this year:

Reyes healthy and hitting
Gose doing what Bonifacio should have been doing
Hutchison pitching the way JJ should have
Dickey having an ERA below 4
Buerhle having 8 wins

And the biggest difference:

Seitzer being an actual hitting coach with a game plan and teaching ability, none of this Chad Mottola or Murphy nonsense.

Murphy was the worst hitting coach we've had in a long time

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Five run game in the bottom of the 7th, man on second, two out. Now's the time to take third on defensive indifference and see if the benches clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad