Blue Jays GDT: ('14 v3) Next Game: @Cle| Fri, Apr 18 |7pm ET/4pm PR| D.Hutchison vs J.Masterson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
When we're losing by 3 or 4 in the 9th inning of a game, and get a leadoff walk, I often joke, "only 6 more of those and the game will be tied"

And it actually happened.

I cannot believe we walked 8 people that inning, and they were 0 for 0, with 7 walks in their first 8 AB's

Toronto sports team being a Toronto sports team.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Should have kept Cecil in, should've gotten McGowen out sooner, why would Santos come in during the 8th with one out

Cecil got his match up, McGowan was given leash to get out of it and he didnt and you bring in Santos because Delabar didn't get outs and you needed to then get strikeouts to stop the 2 runners in scoring position to score. Just so happens that he was worse.

Bure All Day

Mar 29, 2012
Vancouver
Cecil got his match up, McGowan was given leash to get out of it and he didnt and you bring in Santos because Delabar didn't get outs and you needed to then get strikeouts to stop the 2 runners in scoring position to score. Just so happens that he was worse.

I don't like any of that

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
That's the worst game I have ever sat through and after watching the 2013 season that is saying something.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Once again, if the players don't throw strikes how is it on the manager?

Yup. Completely agree.

Things that the manager controls: Game Plan

Things the players control: Execution

If you want to blame Gibbons for not asking for a hit and run in a hit and run situation, then go for it.

But if a player throws 3 wild pitches, then how are you going to blame a manager?

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Hate them blaming the weather for the walks. Factor definitely but not the sole reason.

Couple the weather with those three pitchers' control issues and it's a recipe for disaster as we just saw last night.

Don't think I didn't see that. :laugh:

I was about to write how is he at nearly 50 pitches before SN corrected their error.

Yeah I was wondering what was up with that. He finished the first inning in eleven pitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad