Blue Jays GDT: ('14 v 19) FINAL Game: vs Bal| Sun Sept 28 | 1pm ET/10am PT| Gonzalez vs Dickey

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
The future got robbed. I like his swing though, very line-drivey. If he continues to make consistent contact his speed will get him hits.

Lisa Needs Braces

Apr 7, 2004
LOL at that little girl who threw away the Jeter foul ball. :laugh::laugh:

As a side note, the Jeter year long going away party is getting pretty nauseating.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
If there are some positives to take from this season it's the fact that the Jays have won a series in New York (at new Yankee Stadium) AND in Tampa Bay

Progress?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Oh Valencia, how can you be so inept vs righties?

also Pat is going to drive this "Bautista hits well against the Yankees because it's the big stage" thing into the ground. Never mind that Jose's just a damn good hitter playing against a team that doesn't have great pitching right now in a park that is a hitter's dream, especially a power-hitter's dream. but screw all taht, it's just because he tries harder vs the Yankees. Which, must therefore also mean he doesn't try as hard against most other teams. Therefore indirectly proving that he's a bad leader/pro hitter because he slacks off against the rest of the league. :sarcasm:

Also lol, Yankee Strike right there.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
LOL at that little girl who threw away the Jeter foul ball. :laugh::laugh:

As a side note, the Jeter year long going away party is getting pretty nauseating.

That returned foul ball was a waste, especially when Derek Jeter shall forever be part of Yankees lore.

but-but-but *swoon, Derek Jeter! :P

I actually laughed at that exaggeration. :laugh:

Oh he's a good guy, but come on, honour him during his last game at Yankee stadium....not every time he steps up to the plate.

5-Time World Series Champion
--1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2009
World Series 2000 MVP

I fully understand why you don't understand the full gravity of Derek Jeter, but he was there from the very beginning of one of the best eras of not only the Yankees, but in addition, of all baseball let alone all of sports.

Watch this video, so that you can understand the full gravity.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Why is Hutch out so early? I missed a couple innings, but it's only 2-1 with 1 on. Seems like a quick hook for little reason unless he's hurt.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Why is Hutch out so early? I missed a couple innings, but it's only 2-1 with 1 on. Seems like a quick hook for little reason unless he's hurt.

I only switched it on occasionally due to football sunday, but from what buck and pat were saying I'd guess he wasn't really efficient despite the score. Funny enough the last time I did switch it on, the very first pitch was Gardner's HR. Le sigh.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

He's was at or just below 100 pitches and the last two batters he gave up a hr to Gardiner and a single to jeter. Just a pitch count thing

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
The last 3 times I switched over to check the score for less than 5 seconds.
1st: Gardner HR. 2nd: Gardner double. 3rd: McCann HR. All on the first pitch I saw. Crazy voodoo ****.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
He's was at or just below 100 pitches and the last two batters he gave up a hr to Gardiner and a single to jeter. Just a pitch count thing

well, that's good. Not good that he was so inefficient, but good that it was just him running out of steam instead of being hurt.

and man, that RF in Yankee Stadium continues to be a complete joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad