Blue Jays GDT: ('14 v 17) Next Game: @CWS| Fri, Aug 15 | 8pm ET/5pm PT| Stroman vs Noesi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Describing this team as "being in a funk" is a huge understatement. TB now has a better run differential than us.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
So Dustin Ackley's walkup music is Fortunate Son by CCR. Which raises an important question: Does he just like the song (which is fine, because it is a good song), or is he one of those hilarious people that thinks it's some sort of flag-waving-hymn-to-country-fried-'Murica! because he's never listened past the guitar riffs and the first verse? :laugh:

Probably the former. It's a good song. I know the Leafs use it whenever they get scored on at home.

In before "It must be the most overplayed song in existence" :sarcasm:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Sucked in the minors? He has a career 2.87 ERA in over 300 IP and most of them are with the Jays. He was bad in Vegas (though for Vegas, it wasn't even that bad actually) but elsewhere, he was pretty great throughout each level. He struggled with control/command though but maintained a high strikeout rate and low HR rate.

Yeah I think Mariners have changed it significantly. I could be wrong but I remember him as a side-armer when he came up but is throwing over the top now.

He did indeed suck in Vegas, but he also outperformed his peripherals in his 2 years of AA before he started bouncing around to different orgs. The control/command problems are also not a small issue.

He also didn't have the velocity then that he does now.

I might have been a little hard when I said "sucked", but at the very least he wasn't good enough to make anyone stand up and take notice, nor did he apparently have the stuff for any org before Seattle to think he was worth hanging onto to try and fix.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
guy clearly has no confidence, shame on the bluejays for keeping him on the roster for this long. If he's in the lineup on Friday I'm not going to the game.

edit - might be an away game actually

Kamal007

FEEL LIKE PABLO
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto
You didn't have an avatar so I got crossed up and almost thought you were Shaner there :laugh:

What a ****ing joke. Disgusting ****ing team. AA did nothing with this ****ing team and they are ****ing done. They are officially a ****ing joke. Jose Bautista needs to go **** himself, he's a ****ing disgrace. A pathetic ****ing team with a pathetic ****ing owner. Everyone on this team is a piece of ****. These gutless ****ing cowards can't do anything right. ****ing gutless performance by a team I am ****ing embarrassed by.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
What a ****ing joke. Disgusting ****ing team. AA did nothing with this ****ing team and they are ****ing done. They are officially a ****ing joke. Jose Bautista needs to go **** himself, he's a ****ing disgrace. A pathetic ****ing team with a pathetic ****ing owner. Everyone on this team is a piece of ****. These gutless ****ing cowards can't do anything right. ****ing gutless performance by a team I am ****ing embarrassed by.

Forever known as the Barry Bonds post. Asterisks everywhere.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

wiserhood-o.gif

Jaysfanatic*

that's OK, Lind picked him up. I'd have DFA'd Francisco over moving Gose, but I guess with Reim they have their 4th OF, so whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad