14 straight vs. the Leafs. Matthews was not enough. Patches & Chucky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Lehky - Chucky - Radu
Patch - Danault - Hudon
Shaw - Plek - Ghetto
Byron - McCarron - Gallagher

Bonus points for the cajones in parachuting Hudon onto the 2nd line, even if I think he's nowhere near ready. Also pretty ballsy demoting Gallagher to the 4th. I like the idea of breaking up the scoring onto two lines. The problem remains the same, however. We're not solving a problem, we're just placing our faith in different players breaking out of a slump. I like Lehkonen on the 1st line, but he's been as unproductive as Danault and Byron. If we're crossing our fingers he'll start producing, why not the same for Byron or Gallagher?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Subban was way more of an adventure at the beginning of his career?
The last 2 seasons, Subban had the most giveaways in his career by far.

Well good job forgetting ALL the other points I made aet the same time. So yeah, of course he made a lot of them in the past 2 years.....because of the role he was asked to play while in his previous years, while he had LESS giveaways on his stats sheet....he didn't have as important a role he was in the most recent years. And the big numbers he had in 14-15 really meant 1.36 giveaway per game played compared to 1.08 in 11-12 and 13-14. Yet again, his icetime went from an average of 16:38 in 10-11 to 19:27 in 15-16. A year, should I remind you that was amongst one of the worst year in Habs recent history.

Thing is, in the end, no matter how you looked at this....you took the overall amount of giveaways he made over a career to show what? What was your point anyway? Is this how we should look at who we keep to go forward?

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Thanks kindly, Leafs, for providing the Habs with 28 points in the standings in those 14 games. You've done nobly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad