Apr 13, 2007
Pasadena, ca
Locks:
--Quick
--Brown
--Kopitar
Likely:
--Voynov
--Doughty (us kings fans KNOW he should be a lock, but his "numbers" haven't been there and with team canada being stacked...i list doughty as "likely".
Darkhorse:
--Carter (canada is also stacked at forwards but with the way carter has been lighting it up... a big forward that can play all 3 fwd positions and in all situations...speedy, responsible and his wrist shot is top 3 in the world...he makes a case for team Canada)
--Bernier is also a mega darkhorse, but I think he has the chance to turn some heads this season in toronto... his competition isn't even all that strong: Price...sure...Fleury? Luongo? Ward? Brodeur? Us king fans that follow him know that he is the real deal and SHOULD be considered.

who else am i forgetting?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Drew Doughty will be an absolute lock for Team Canada. Babcock and Steve Y know what Drew brings.

They would not be concerned with Numbers.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Drew Doughty not making Team Canada would be a travesty. I'd go as far to say that I'd probably boycott the entire event.

SCARFACE909

Feb 20, 2012
Watch brown elbow Kopi in the head.....:rant:

That scares me because the US will probably use the heavy hitting players again (backes, Callahan, brown, kesler).

Don't know about that, they're playing on the big ice surface this time around.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Locks:
--Quick
--Brown
--Kopitar
Likely:
--Voynov
--Doughty (us kings fans KNOW he should be a lock, but his "numbers" haven't been there and with team canada being stacked...i list doughty as "likely".
Darkhorse:
--Carter (canada is also stacked at forwards but with the way carter has been lighting it up... a big forward that can play all 3 fwd positions and in all situations...speedy, responsible and his wrist shot is top 3 in the world...he makes a case for team Canada)
--Bernier is also a mega darkhorse, but I think he has the chance to turn some heads this season in toronto... his competition isn't even all that strong: Price...sure...Fleury? Luongo? Ward? Brodeur? Us king fans that follow him know that he is the real deal and SHOULD be considered.

who else am i forgetting?

Doughty is a lock

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Richards will also get a look. He, Toews and Nash were Canada's best line in 2010.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Olympic Training Camp for USA and Canada is slated for the end of Aug. I assumed that would include (as it did in 2010) players skating and participating in scrimmages. I recently watched a highlights video from the TEAM Canada training camp in 2009 where the invitees were divided into 2 teams and played each other .

But according to this article, a spokeman for Team Canada said that there is insurance coverage for skating in Sochi, but not for training camp (and USA confirmed this as well) Insurance is too high.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/nichol...bench-canada-s-hockey-team-for-camp-1.1375039

Hockey Canada president and CEO Bob Nicholson said no determination has been made yet on whether players will be able to skate, but called it "difficult" based on the price of insuring all NHL contracts.

"Insurance is a big issue," Nicholson said in an interview Friday. "We got some quotes yesterday that it would be over a million dollars to skate. So if it's that type of dollars, it'd be very difficult for us to do that.

Nicholson said his hope was for Canada to begin camp Aug. 25 in Calgary. USA Hockey's camp is scheduled for Aug. 25-29 at the Washington Capitals' practice facility in Arlington, Va., and a spokesman confirmed players will not skate.

I'm not sure what the players would do at camp if they are not permitted to skate on the ice.

Anyway, the Kings should be well represented by players wearing their countries colors.

USA hockeys list of candidates for Team USA;

http://www.usahockeymagazine.com/article/2013-02/our-picks-2014-candidates-2014-us-olympic-mens-team

TSN list for team Canada

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=428036

scryan

May 1, 2013

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
My picks...

Dustin Brown
Jeff Carter
Anze Kopitar
Mike Richards
Drew Doughty
Slava Voynov
Jonathan Quick

If Carter gets snubbed I'll be ****ing pissed off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad