Post-Game Talk: #14 | Flyers at Ducks | November 10, 2023 | Win 6-3

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Tall Torrey sure making a few posters here and our GM look stupid , so nice to see.

Man has Hot Rods game fallen off , any higher possible trade value is gone.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Ersson played well.

If Belpedio starts getting to a few fights, he is going to be seelered into a fixture for the next few years.

I want a Carlsson, MacTavish and Mintyukov.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Entertaining game.

Flyers kept letting Anaheim back in it, then pulling away again.

Ersson was great off the bat giving the Flyers a chance to get their legs after the Ducks started like gangbusters.

And he continued to make clutch stops throughout.

Easily Sam’s sharpest performance so far this season.

Frost was invisible at best for most of the game, but most people have actually acknowledged this so I won’t harp. At least he was strong on draws.

Was great to see Tippett finally get going in the 3rd. Hopefully it’s a springboard for his season.

The biggest story to me is Joel Farabee. He’s breaking out before our very eyes — reaching a new level of play. Faster, stronger, more confident. He’s looking like a 60+ point player.

Walker continues to be the glue of the defense. And I’ll also give Belpedio credit: He has improved defensively.

The Ducks are much better coached this year. And boy is Carlsson a player. Verbeek made the right call taking him over Fantilli. Losing Klingberg was addition by subtraction.

Flyers took some bad penalties. Better not make that a habit.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
Would have liked the loss but the silver lining is that they responded after losing to an inept Sharks team, I guess. I hope Atkinson can continue scoring goals and maybe we can get something nice for him at the deadline if we take a cap dump back

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
If every Stones song was as dynamic and energetic as "Bitch" or "Shattered" then we wouldn't have such moments of joy and elevation. :sarcasm:

You have to remember about the Stones:
They had three or four personas:

1. Rockin' and Dancin" single hits like Bitch and Brown Sugar off their Sticky Fingers albums. Every band that played at the Venereal {Venetian} Lounge or Stone Balloon or Red Barn or Brandywine Club, played these two songs virtually every set to get people [drunks like me] up and dance, return and buy another drink. Bathrooms stunk to high heaven......and think the Women's room were even worse.

2 Country Blues , like Love In Vain, a Robert Johnson song or a real country-like song; Country Honk comes to mind, a take on Hank Williams, Honky Tonk Blues

3. Something I call Anthems like Gimme Shelter, Sympathy for the Devil, etc.

4. Folksy like Wild Horses or Can't Get You Want.

If you went to Somers Point and Tony Mart's club in the early '70s their was a group named Mace, that only played the Rolling Stones. One group at the bar were blonde and blue-eyed girls from the Greater NorthEast and the other side were dark haired and brown-eyed girls for the Fabulous South Philly. Being a boy from Delaware with a proper neutral accent [ ;-))] could hardly understand either........just said yeah and nah, nodding my head at the appropiate time

Yes Frost was a monster on the face-off. Foerster worked hard. Belbedio is having fun.

Yes I will watch again tonight.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Entertaining game.

Flyers kept letting Anaheim back in it, then pulling away again.

Ersson was great off the bat giving the Flyers a chance to get their legs after the Ducks started like gangbusters.

And he continued to make clutch stops throughout.

Easily Sam’s sharpest performance so far this season.

Frost was invisible at best for most of the game, but most people have actually acknowledged this so I won’t harp. At least he was strong on draws.

Was great to see Tippett finally get going in the 3rd. Hopefully it’s a springboard for his season.

The biggest story to me is Joel Farabee. He’s breaking out before our very eyes — reaching a new level of play. Faster, stronger, more confident. He’s looking like a 60+ point player.

Walker continues to be the glue of the defense. And I’ll also give Belpedio credit: He has improved defensively.

The Ducks are much better coached this year. And boy is Carlsson a player. Verbeek made the right call taking him over Fantilli. Losing Klingberg was addition by subtraction.

Flyers took some bad penalties. Better not make that a habit.
As long as he is Tortorella's irrational whipping boy this is what you will get. He is not allowed to play his game, which will come with mistakes especially in the beginning. It is called Flyers Development

Would have liked the loss but the silver lining is that they responded after losing to an inept Sharks team, I guess. I hope Atkinson can continue scoring goals and maybe we can get something nice for him at the deadline if we take a cap dump back
If Atkinson continues scoring goals he will be extended. The Flyers are not rebuilding. After all he is only, what 34-35, which is practically a rookie in Flyers-years....

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
A few thoughts:
-Sanheim is wonderful. It’s a shame we were robbed of this play for years.
-The ducks young players are good. Gotta love their future outlook.
-for the majority of the night the whole Frost line was quiet, particularly offensively. They did a decent job preventing chances, but they need more from TK , Frost and Tippett. Towards the end of the second they had a good shift, and in the third they had some decent cycling shifts, but only 1-2 real chances. Hopefully the first point for Frost and the goals from Tippett will help them springboard them forward.
-Walker continues to impress me. Don’t get me wrong, I want him traded at the deadline, maybe he can bring a 2nd round pick. But he’s been a fun watch so far.
- Ersson had a few nice saves. After a few rough performances he’s playing well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad