Zamula-Walker
Belpedio-Seeler

Ersson
Petersen

Injuries:

Hart (Down With The Sickness)
Staal (IR)
Ristolainen (Mysterious!)
Ellis (in the beginning moved those beauteous things;/I therefore had as cause for hoping well/of that wild beast with gaily mottled skin)

DUCKS LINEUP

Killorn-Carlsson-Terry
Vatrano-McTavish-Strome
Jones-Henrique-Silfverberg
Johnston-Carrick-Leason

Fowler-Lacombe
Mintyukov-Lyubushkin
Vaakanainen-Gudas

Dostal
Gibson

Injuries:

Zegras (DTD)
Lundestrom (IR)
Drysdale (IR)

GDT SONG (and elite video)

STATS

5v5 On-Ice, Rates, Score and Venue Adjusted
1699648076291.png

1699648096513.png

Goalies
1699648141777.png

Last edited:

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Because I have 20 mins and I'm looking at a few hockey sites, here's the analytical breakdown of team play for this game:

At 5v5 play, Anaheim is typically significantly outshot by their opponents, posting the 4th worst shots against rate. They are not particularly good at generating shots or preventing shots - they are just bad. And, they are not good at generating offensive chances, either. They are typically out chanced most nights. To date, they've lived with it, producing the third highest 5v5 save %.

They are not a particularly good special teams club, either. They are 2nd in total PK time, 1st in PK time per game, and are 20th in xGA/60 on the PK. So they spend a lot of time on the kill and are not adept at it. Could be a good practice for the Flyers. They are 20th in total PP time, and 20 in xGF/60 and 21 in GF/60 on the PP. Again, they don't spend a lot of time on the PP, and are not a great PP club. The Flyers are the best PK team in the league. Lead the league in xGA/60. We all know The Flyers PP has been flat out terrible.

When looking at their forward group, unsurprisingly they are led a group of younger players. McTavish, Terry, and Zegras have been leading the team in synthetic Goals (a stat by Hockeyviz which is basically a measure how how well any player is playing deployed within their specific role). Their good players are playing well and their bad ones are playing bad. It's really a split....One of the reasons why the Ducks are 7-5-0 is due to the shooting % of their top forwards. 8 of their forwards are shooting at above 10%, and 5 of those players are shooting above 15%.

Their D-core is average, but Mityukov has been a very good in the early season, averaging about 19mins per night. When he's on the ice, the Ducks are a significantly better offensive team. The splits are insane.

All in all, the Ducks young players are playing well and getting some puck luck, but the rest of the team is lacking. This is certainly a team to watch out for in the next few years.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I'm glad to see Frost is on the active roster for tonight's game. Is he the Flyers new "Ghost"? I know Hart has been missing some games this season due to illness, but it seems like Frosty seems to get in the Tort's doghouse fairly often. If John Tortorella wants him to be a defensive forward, I think it's a poor way to try and use a player who is a good offensive playmaker. Frosty was playing very well last season, but this year he's been missing too many game from poor roster decisions.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I'm glad to see Frost is on the active roster for tonight's game. Is he the Flyers new "Ghost"? I know Hart has been missing some games this season due to illness, but it seems like Frosty seems to get in the Tort's doghouse fairly often. If John Tortorella wants him to be a defensive forward, I think it's a poor way to try and use a player who is a good offensive playmaker. Frosty was playing very well last season, but this year he's been missing too many game from poor roster decisions.
Torts has spoken multiple times this season that he's happy with Frost defensively, but believes that his offensive game is lacking now.

He is also quoted as saying that he'll only put Frost in the lineup if he's contributing as a top 6 forward... which he has been easily doing since last season, despite his bad luck at not hitting the score sheet this year yet.

Torts has a unique opinion on Frost that I do not understand at all and the end game of getting him out of the organization seems clear.

Benching him against San Jose was asinine; hopefully he actually hits the score sheet tonight, which is probably the only way he stays in the lineup.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Why does this hat cost $59.99?

Amazon.com

And Also, why does Fanatics suck so much and why do the NHL shoot themselves in the foot with trash merchandise or very little merchandise. Look at Baseball, there's a shirt for every occasion and color under the sun.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Torts has spoken multiple times this season that he's happy with Frost defensively, but believes that his offensive game is lacking now.

He is also quoted as saying that he'll only put Frost in the lineup if he's contributing as a top 6 forward... which he has been easily doing since last season, despite his bad luck at not hitting the score sheet this year yet.

Torts has a unique opinion on Frost that I do not understand at all and the end game of getting him out of the organization seems clear.

Benching him against San Jose was asinine; hopefully he actually hits the score sheet tonight, which is probably the only way he stays in the lineup.
Talk about pressure. When in a slump. Hope he get to a point he can relax.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Why does this hat cost $59.99?

Amazon.com

And Also, why does Fanatics suck so much and why do the NHL shoot themselves in the foot with trash merchandise or very little merchandise. Look at Baseball, there's a shirt for every occasion and color under the sun.

It's pretty sad, the few pieces of Fanatics gear I've had over the years never made it very far before falling apart. They've had a terrible reputation for quality since way before partnering up with the league.

Reactions: Danko

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
So envious of all (most, some??) of the other teams that have young talent, like ANA. With decent coaching, some of these teams are so much closer than I could hope we would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad