Prospect Info: #135 Overall - Joona Koppanen

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Never bad to sign these guys and get them in the pipeline. You never know what they could turn out like.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Never bad to sign these guys and get them in the pipeline. You never know what they could turn out like.

Assuming the max # of contracts won't be an issue, I like it.

Let him marinate in the AHL for a couple years and see what we get.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Name sounds too much like Joonas Kemppainen. I predict a bust! :sarcasm:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Assuming the max # of contracts won't be an issue, I like it.

Let him marinate in the AHL for a couple years and see what we get.

Heading into this signing of prospects period, someone- Dom I am pretty sure it was- had the Bruins with 6 or 7 open contract slots for players. With Joona it starts next season, and I am guessing that there will be a few that expire and don't get renewed this summer.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Are we 100% sure this isn't Joonas Kemppanien in a Groucho-Marx fake glasses disguise? Because it just feels like a trap....

Yup! It's really Joonas Kemppanien pulling a Leon Sandcastle on us!

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
So he has by far the best PPG of Finnish U20 players. Not sure it means a lot when the following 5 guys are undrafted (but typically slightly older) and most really good 18-19 year old Europeans play professional hockey, but can't hurt! Especially if his all-round game translates to NA.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Heading into this signing of prospects period, someone- Dom I am pretty sure it was- had the Bruins with 6 or 7 open contract slots for players. With Joona it starts next season, and I am guessing that there will be a few that expire and don't get renewed this summer.

They are down to 5 now.

They have 35 signed for next season with Zboril, Lauzon, Senyshyn and Gabrielle all likely not returning to junior and counting towards the 50.

They have a total of 10 RFA contracts coming up + and 9 UFA contracts coming up. Considering most NHL teams don't want to exceed 47 contracts to keep options open, there will likely be 7 players not returning. Rinaldo and Liles won't be back, so 5 more decisions to come.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
They are down to 5 now.

They have 35 signed for next season with Zboril, Lauzon, Senyshyn and Gabrielle all likely not returning to junior and counting towards the 50.

They have a total of 10 RFA contracts coming up + and 9 UFA contracts coming up. Considering most NHL teams don't want to exceed 47 contracts to keep options open, there will likely be 7 players not returning. Rinaldo and Liles won't be back, so 5 more decisions to come.

Choose at least 5 from the following:

Dom Moore
Tim Schaller
Joe Morrow
Brian Ferlin
Chris Casto
Alex Grant
Colton Hargrove
Tyler Randell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad