13-14 Across the League: More teams keep passing us. Woooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
new thread, old is fully, we need a montreal win
just letting people know - when starting the new thread Across the League must always be in the title so we don't confuse people :)

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
This is it .... The final 8 games that could really change the future of this franchise. Lieweke said it himself, if the team doesn't preform, there will be big changes

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
This is it .... The final 8 games that could really change the future of this franchise. Lieweke said it himself, if the team doesn't preform, there will be big changes

Since I have no idea what big changes mean I dont know if it would be a good or bad thing. I would change a lot if it was up to me but the management and the owners seem happy with the path the Leafs have taken.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
TSN Radio just referred to Kevin Shattenkirk as an elite defenseman.

Our media is actually astronomically idiotic and contributes heavily to the "grass is greener" mentality that spreads like a plague in our fanbase. :laugh:

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Our media is actually astronomically idiotic and contributes heavily to the "grass is greener" mentality that spreads like a plague in our fanbase. :laugh:

The grass is greener because it's fertilized with bull**** .. The Toronto media is without question the bull****

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

I hope it's not an empty threat. If we somehow manage to squeak in to the playoffs, I hope TL doesn't think "Oh they made the playoffs! We're fine" and doesn't oversee changes.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Cheering for the habs tonight! for the only time ever(unless they face one of these other teams again)

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

I don't know about elite but Shattenkirk is a very talented D-man.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
I hope it's not an empty threat. If we somehow manage to squeak in to the playoffs, I hope TL doesn't think "Oh they made the playoffs! We're fine" and doesn't oversee changes.

Nonis seems to be very aware that there are flaws with this team.

For some reason I dont see Lupul being with us next season, too many players like him(soft scoring wingers) on the team.

we badly need a solid d-man, and better two-way players in general.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Nonis seems to be very aware that there are flaws with this team.

For some reason I dont see Lupul being with us next season, too many players like him(soft scoring wingers) on the team.

we badly need a solid d-man, and better two-way players in general.

What we need is Clarkson to be Clarkson of NJ not Clarkson of Toronto.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The Leafs have to do what they have already done this year. Before the Olympic break, they won something like 11 of 13 games. 6 of 8 is extremely doable for this group, we've seen them do it before.

PricePkPatch*

Stop cheering for the Habs! We are going to jinx them too.

Montreal is going down tonight!

It doesn't work like that.

An team Toronto fans cheer for that has Price as a goaltender is a sure winner :yo:

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Detroit looks like the Leafs so far. Lazy defensive play, getting beat to all the pucks, turn overs everywhere.. but when there is an opening they rush hard.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
So let's get this straight

Price deserves the Vezina because where goes Price, So goes the Montreal Canadiens....

Bernier has more shots, more work, good numbers, but we depend on our goaltending too much. stay awesome TSN :laugh: [not taking anything from Price - but still]

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga

Price deserves the Vezina because where goes Price, So goes the Montreal Canadiens....

Bernier has more shots, more work, good numbers, but we depend on our goaltending too much. stay awesome TSN :laugh: [not taking anything from Price - but still]

Montreal bias ;)

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

It's a ridiculous cycle with the media.

We rely on our goaltending too much and are outshot and outplayed but Bernier's season barely gets mentioned.

We are a one line team according to the media despite the fact that Kadri, Lupul are producing like top six players.

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
The Habs ref favouritism benefits the leafs for once. Atrocious calls so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad