GDT: #13 – Senators at Sabres – Wed Nov 9, 7:30PM ET – MSG-B

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Lehner is the worst shootout goaltender I've seen - he's consistently bad at them. That's a big negative for a team hoping to scratch and claw to a wildcard spot where 1 or 2 points means you're out or in.

Meh, I'm not gonna get on Robin for his performance in the skills competition. He played very well. They should have ended that in OT. How the hell did Risto fan on that.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Going conservative to get to OT is what the tired team is supposed to do. Not the fresh one. Disco is maddening

Deserved worse after that 3rd period.

Deserved better after that OT.

Probably got what we deserved.

Yep...OT and SO are crap shoot gimmicks that don't reflect anything but points in the standings. This game shouldn't have gone that far. It's a damning reflection that they couldn't put this team away in regulation (playing tired, back-up goalie).

It's a better team when healthy, but no team enjoys full-strength rosters for long stretches. This team NEEDS full-strength to be a playoff team, and that means it's not good enough (a different HC not-withstanding).

Bearbait

Mar 4, 2011
We have 13 points, the 6th place team has 15 points in the conference. Were missing our top two centers and were still hanging around. I don't understand all the chicken little comments, but to each his own I guess.

Yes the defense needs help
Yes we need to finish teams off in Oct and Nov
Yes Bylsma doesnt always have the right people on the ice in every situation

But were only two 2 points out!

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Yep...OT and SO are crap shoot gimmicks that don't reflect anything but points in the standings. This game shouldn't have gone that far. It's a damning reflection that they couldn't put this team away in regulation (playing tired, back-up goalie).

It's a better team when healthy, but no team enjoys full-strength rosters for long stretches. This team NEEDS full-strength to be a playoff team, and that means it's not good enough (a different HC not-withstanding).

Agree. As fans, I suppose we just need to accept this...

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
We have 13 points, the 6th place team has 15 points in the conference. Were missing our top two centers and were still hanging around. I don't understand all the chicken little comments, but to each his own I guess.

Yes the defense needs help
Yes we need to finish teams off in Oct and Nov
Yes Bylsma doesnt always have the right people on the ice in every situation

But were only two 2 points out!

Or you could say that 13 pts in 13 games extrapolates out to 82 pts in 82 games, or that right now 10-12 EC teams are better than Buffalo. Either way it means they're not good enough. I have my slim hopes for this season, and more hope for next, but this season the team will be lucky to make the playoffs and regardless it's not going to win two rounds. I wear clear colored glasses, and I can't help it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad