GDT: #13 – Red Wings at Sabres – Sun Nov 2, 5:00PM ET – MSG-B, BELL TV – WGR

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
That's an adorable smooch picture of Rasmus. Zetterberg is dreamy as hell, so I guess it's not unreasonable, but it's probably not great hockey defense to close your eyes.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I too am watching the game on dvr. As mentioned hodgson had an easy out that he pissed away. Larsson had an easy out coming from behind the net but tried to skate it out and also gets it stolen. Then they both take turns failing to stop the wings in the corner. The finale is larsson being to tired to track his man across the blue line getting lost heading towards the net to cover no one.

Thats not what happened. He lost control of the puck as he came out of the corner and tried to shove it past the Zetterberg as he was closing on him along the boards. He turned it over but no one stole it from him and its a bit much to say that was an easy out. And on top of that Larsson went down low to basically do Hodgson's job as the center because Cody had bizarrely left the zone after turning the puck over. Hodgson had control for a few seconds up by the blue line. But he had his pocket picked because he didn't make the smart play to get it out.

Another big difference between Larsson and Cody when they lost possession is how they reacted. Cody still left the ****ing zone hoping someone else would get the puck and pass it to him. Incredible how utterly clueless he is defensively that his first instinct after turning the puck over in that spot is to leave the zone. Thus forcing Larsson to eventually take over down low leading to his play along the boards.

Now contrast Hodgson's stupid reaction to turning the puck over to Larsson's reaction. After turning the puck over Larsson chased after Zetterberg and kept him covered in the corner. It wasn't until Datsyuk came over and picked Larsson (and no Sabre came over to help) that Zetterberg was able to get out of the corner.

Larsson eventually got the puck again along the boards on his wing and chipped the puck out. Hodgson half assed it into the neutral zone and never got near the puck. He shouldn't have been that tired since Larsson was the one doing his center work after Hodgson's turn over leading up to that point. While Hodgson held up high covering for Larsson. So the Wings regained control and came back into our zone. They cycled it again with no Sabre touching the puck leading up to the goal
Judge judy verdict
it was ridiculous to say Larsson was the only person who was not hot garbage.
theme music plays in the background as I make sarcastic jokes with the bailiff.

Well judge Judy I'm not the poster that posted that. But I will say Larsson did far more than either of his linemates to try and get the puck out and play strong defensively. He eventually did get it out. No idea Stewart was even out there since he did pretty much nothing.

I'm not sure what to say if you think Larsson's situation was an easy out like Hodgson's. Cody just had to chip the puck out on his backhand about 6 feet to clear the zone. No one could have blocked it. But he was thinking offense instead of the smart defensive play. So he tried to bring the puck back to his forehand to, I assume, make a pass to Stewart. Whereas Larsson was coming out from behind the net was initially challenged by a diving Wing causing him to lose the puck a bit. Then he tried without much power to shove the puck past Zetterberg. He was not trying to skate the puck out. And got absolutely no help from Stewart who just backed away from the play and was almost at the blue line.

You may not like Larsson on that sequence and he wasn't perfect. But its pretty absurd to lump him in with his linemates who were useless. At least he was battling to get the puck out and actually did at one point.

Last edited:

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Thats not what happened. He lost control of the puck as he came out of the corner and tried to shove it past the Zetterberg as he was closing on him along the boards. He turned it over but no one stole it from him and its a bit much to say that was an easy out. And on top of that Larsson went down low to basically do Hodgson's job as the center because Cody had bizarrely left the zone after turning the puck over. Hodgson had control for a few seconds up by the blue line. But he had his pocket picked because he didn't make the smart play to get it out.

Another big difference between Larsson and Cody when they lost possession is how they reacted. Cody still left the ****ing zone hoping someone else would get the puck and pass it to him. Incredible how utterly clueless he is defensively that his first instinct after turning the puck over in that spot is to leave the zone. Thus forcing Larsson to eventually take over down low leading to his play along the boards.

Now contrast Hodgson's stupid reaction to turning the puck over to Larsson's reaction. After turning the puck over Larsson chased after Zetterberg and kept him covered in the corner. It wasn't until Datsyuk came over and picked Larsson (and no Sabre came over to help) that Zetterberg was able to get out of the corner.

Larsson eventually got the puck again along the boards on his wing and chipped the puck out. Hodgson half assed it into the neutral zone and never got near the puck. He shouldn't have been that tired since Larsson was the one doing his center work after Hodgson's turn over leading up to that point. While Hodgson held up high covering for Larsson. So the Wings regained control and came back into our zone. They cycled it again with no Sabre touching the puck leading up to the goal

Well judge Judy I'm not the poster that posted that. But I will say Larsson did far more than either of his linemates to try and get the puck out and play strong defensively. He eventually did get it out. No idea Stewart was even out there since he did pretty much nothing.

I'm not sure what to say if you think Larsson's situation was an easy out like Hodgson's. Cody just had to chip the puck out on his backhand about 6 feet to clear the zone. No one could have blocked it. But he was thinking offense instead of the smart defensive play. So he tried to bring the puck back to his forehand to, I assume, make a pass to Stewart. Whereas Larsson was coming out from behind the net was initially challenged by a diving Wing causing him to lose the puck a bit. Then he tried without much power to shove the puck past Zetterberg. He was not trying to skate the puck out. And got absolutely no help from Stewart who just backed away from the play and was almost at the blue line.

You may not like Larsson on that sequence and he wasn't perfect. But its pretty absurd to lump him in with his linemates who were useless. At least he was battling to get the puck out and actually did at one point.

The Judge Judy reference was for fun and referring to myself doing a silly judgment at midnight watching this godawful team. Didn't mean to insult you. And I saw Larsson chip it out one time. However I disagree with the play behind the net. Larsson had full possession with plenty of time to chip it up the wall to Stewart who wad in position. Instead he tried to make a one handed protection move where he lost control. Which then led to his weak poke attempt. I like Larsson in general but he was hardly without blame on that play which is no shame going against dats and Zetterberg but he was not without blame which was all I pointed to. Not a percentage breakdown on which forward sucked most.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad