hfb18_gdt_det00_gp.png

DET (6-2-2) at BUF (2-9-1) – SUN NOV 2, 5:00PM ET – MSG-B, BELL TVWGRCHAT

Gameday Headlines

Game Preview: 11/2/14 vs. DET – Ian Ott, Sabres PR

Red Wings visit Sabres to open three-game trip – NHL.com

Red Wings-Sabres Preview – STATS Writer, AP

Sabres recall Larsson from Rochester – Ian Ott, Sabres PR

Previous Headlines

Franzen's return means Wings are healthy up front for first time – Brendan Savage, MLive

Lashoff ready for season debut, looking to fit right in – Ansar Khan, MLive

Ericsson takes exception to dangerous hit, glad to stand up for teammates – Ansar Khan, MLive

Sabres fire blanks again in loss – Mike Harrington, TBN

Sabres showing lack of accountability on and off the ice – Bill Hoppe, OTH

PP success leads Penguins over Sabres – Chris Ryndak, Sabres.com​
hfb18_tn.png

BUFFALO SABRES

Projected Lineup

17 Torrey Mitchell – 63 Tyler Ennis – 21 Drew Stafford
22 Johan Larsson – 19 Cody Hodgson – 80 Chris Stewart
26 Matt Moulson – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 12 Brian Gionta
44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 65 Brian Flynn – 8 Cody McCormick
x: 82 Marcus Foligno

4 Josh Gorges – 57 Tyler Myers
41 Andrej Meszaros – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
51 Nikita Zadorov – 24 Tyson Strachan
x: 6 Mike Weber, 61 Andre Benoit

34 Michal Neuvirth
1 Jhonas Enroth

Lineup News & Notes

Matt Hackett (knee) and Patrick Kaleta (face) remain on injured reserve, but are practicing with the
team. Sam Reinhart was returned to Kootenay on Friday.

According to the Stats

Buffalo have been outscored 24-5 during a 1-6-1 stretch and 12-2 in three consecutive losses.​
hfb18_on.png

DETROIT RED WINGS

Projected Lineup

8 Justin Abdelkader – 13 Pavel Datsyuk – 40 Henrik Zetterberg
14 Gustav Nyquist – 43 Darren Helm – 93 Johan Franzen
21 Tomas Tatar – 15 Riley Sheahan – 26 Tomas Jurco
20 Drew Miller – 41 Luke Glendening – 18 Joakim Andersson
x: 17 Daniel Cleary, 49 Andrej Nestrasil

55 Niklas Kronwall – 52 Jonathan Ericsson
2 Brendan Smith – 65 Danny DeKeyser
23 Brian Lashoff – 4 Jakub Kindl
x: 27 Kyle Quincey (ankle)

35 Jimmy Howard
50 Jonas Gustavsson

Lineup News & Notes

Detroit's injury list includes Kyle Quincey (ankle) and Stephen Weiss (groin, IR). Johan Franzen (groin)
will make his return to the lineup after a six-game absence.

According to the Stats

Detroit has won four straight in Buffalo and seven of eight. The Red Wings are also 23-2-1 with one
tie in their last 27 overall meetings.​
hfb18_mm.png

NHL VIDEOCENTER

Buffalo Sabres
(for the latest videos, visit what's new)

[NHL]660592[/NHL]

[NHL]660596[/NHL]

Detroit Red Wings (for the latest videos, visit what's new)

[NHL]660435[/NHL]​

Last edited:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Gee, Broncos/Pats or feeling like I have Ebola symptoms watching the Sabres? How will I ever decide.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
I wish...

Nolan would concede that the Moulson-Ennis duet doesn't work, will never consistently generate offense (Moulson hasn't scored while playing with Ennis since January 15, 23 games ago) and that trying to get them going by rotating through wingers only limits what can be done with the rest of the lines (ie: Stewart having a good game with Hodgson should equate to keeping Stewart with Hodgson, not moving Stewart up to solve the Moulson-Ennis mess)...

Nolan would accept that the 1C role might be trashing what Ennis could bring to the table, that the pressure on the kid to produce offense has thoroughly destroyed whatever he had of a defensive game (going back to the OTL, 3 of the last 6 goals against can be directly tied to Ennis being tired and sluggish)...

Nolan would acknowledge that Girgensons is actually the nominal 1C on this team, so not wear the kid out trying to carry the team's defense but instead deploy him him with a chance to produce offense (PP time and wingers who can close, for starters)...

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
I wish...

This horse hadn't been beaten to death already.
:deadhorse

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
I wish...

Nolan read these forums to obtain some coaching advice so that we had something else to natter about...

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I will be at this game. I already have my paper bag from Tops handy. I will be drawing the eyebrows and mouth for the appropriate situation (ie. Very Angry if loosing by no effort, Sick if loosing by more than 3 goals).

millija26

Dec 27, 2013
Saulkrasti
Yeee, game day again :help:
I really hope we can score at least 1 goal today , that would be a small victory already, right ???:dunno:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
The most bizarre thing about this season is we actually have two wins, how is that even possible? We are so far behind the 29th worst team in the league it isn't even funny.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Least goals scored. Most goals allowed. Somehow not in last place :shakehead

Carolina Better win at least 1 of the games in hand on us. I want to be minimum 10-15 points behind 29th by the all star break. And if need be move out Staff and Stewart ASAP (not that they are helping at all, but if they are replaced by Varone and Larsson the offense won't be improved)

Oh and 4-0 Detroit. We will get 18 SoG. 0-4 on the PP. Nolan makes at least 4 terrible coaching decisions in game.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Have they coined a phrase for a Nyquist double hat trick yet because they probably should before this game starts.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I completely forgot about this game. I think my brain is trying to protect me from the rest of the season and further misery :laugh:

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
For that matter,

" The record for the fewest goals scored by a team in an NHL season is held by the 1953-54 Chicago Blackhawks who scored just 133 goals over 70 games, which is equal to 1.9 goals per game."

Buffalo are currently at 1 GPG

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
For that matter,

" The record for the fewest goals scored by a team in an NHL season is held by the 1953-54 Chicago Blackhawks who scored just 133 goals over 70 games, which is equal to 1.9 goals per game."

Buffalo are currently at 1 GPG

Back to back record setting seasons! We've already got fewest shots in a game, plus I think we helped Quick tie a shutout record as well. I'm predicting we break records for most games lost, fewest goals scored and most goals against.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad